See all reviews
Creatine HCL (Hydrochloride): What is it?
Creatine is a naturally occurring chemical found within the body, normally in the muscles. It is also found in certain foods and may be obtained through supplementation. It is widely used among athletes in a wide range of sports for the primary purpose of supplementing exercise performance and promoting lean muscle .* Creatine HCL is one of the newest iterations of creatine to hit the market; however, it is also significantly more potent.Â
This is the primary difference between Creatine HCL and other types of creatine like monohydrate. It does not require a loading phase and calls for a significantly smaller dosage while still delivering the same benefits.
Creatine HCL Benefits
Creatine hydrochloride's main benefit is helping to supplement healthy muscle. This is thought to be due to an increase in the production and supply of ATP to working muscle cells. This also promotes muscular energy, helping to avoid lactic acid build-up and allowing for longer and more intense workouts .*
Creatine HCL VS Creatine Monohydrate
When considering the various types of Creatine, HCL is water soluble. That means that it is more easily absorbed into the bloodstream, which reduces typical side effects seen in other types of Creatine. Additionally, it may be used continuously without any detrimental effects, and there is no required loading period in order to build up its effectiveness .*
Creatine HCL is also much more highly concentrated than other forms. This makes it so that you do not need to take very much in order to receive beneficial effects .
Creatine HCL Dosage
Unlike monohydrate, Creatine hydrochloride does not require a loading phase. Best results are obtained using a 750mg Creatine HCL dosage per day. This is equivalent to a scant 1/2 tsp scoop of the bulk powder. This dosage can even be split into 2 or 3 different administrations. This should be mixed with juice in order to improve its rate of absorption.Â
When to Take Creatine HCL
Typical uses are as both a pre- and post-workout drink. This helps to supply needed energy, makes the routine more effective, and then begins to help with the repair and recovery of muscle cells and tissues.*
"I've used Creatine Monohydrate in the past, but due to its digestive tract upset for me, I stopped. I liked the results from Creatine Supplementation, so when I came across this Creatine HCL suggestion in Dr. David William's newsletter, I thought I'd give it a try. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. No digestion upset, and have seen results within a couple of weeks. I am 63 years old, lift weights 2 times a week, and do yoga 3 times a week. Creatine HCL gives me the energy for a more rigorous workout. I like the muscle recovery aspect of this product. It does everything the article said it would. I take one scoop (1/8 tsp.) twice a day, in an 8oz. glass of filtered water. One scoop with breakfast, and the second dose before my work out later on in the day. A small amount of product, for huge benefits. I highly recommend Creatine HCL. Thank you Powder City! Great service. Great product."- Deborah B
â€œHaving read a review on Creatine HCL in Dr. Williams newsletter, I decided to give it a try. I am a weightlifter, and have used creatine in the past with good results, but was put off by the amount of powder you had to take for effectiveness. The thing I like about the HCL version is that you have to take far less. Powder City had great prices, and the delivery was fast. I will definitely make them my supplier of choice.â€- James B
â€œGood product, as expected from all previous orders and products from this company. But the product is very gritty and has a bitter taste. I always mix with a protein shake post-workout and can notice both taste and texture even over my flavored whey. Keep in mind how highly researched this product is and how great the benefits are. Results and price over taste, plus only takes a few swigs to finish off a shake anyway. Again great product for an extremely great price compared to other Creatine HCL sellers and manufactures.â€- Ryan C
Creatine HCL Sources
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.