See all reviews
What is Turmeric (Curcumin)?
Turmeric is a spice that contains curcumin which is the main bioactive ingredient. It is a potent cognitive enhancer and physical performance aid.* Our curcumin comes from a 95% turmeric extract.
Curcumin as a Nootropic
Curcumin has cognitive benefits as it is able to support brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF).  BDNF promotes the growth of neurons which is how your brain transmits information. [2, 3]Â BDNF is also vital for long-term memory.  In a study on healthy rats, curcumin was able to increase BDNF levels by 140%.* 
Turmeric Capsules and Athleticism
Curcuminâ€™s cellular health benefits allow it to aid in promoting muscular recovery from exercise.  It also promotes blood flow.  Plus, curcumin improves muscle recovery during reloading.* [8,9]
Muscle reloading builds fibers to help existing fibers return to their original state. For example, if you are injured and cannot work out for an extended period of time, you will likely experience muscle atrophy.* Reloading occurs when you begin to use the muscle again to try and return to its previous state. 
What is Piperine?
Piperine itself does not provide many benefits. However, it inhibits enzymes that affect the absorption of other supplements. Because of this, piperine is often taken alongside other supplements to improve their bioavailability.Â 
Turmeric 95% Extract with Piperine
Curcumin has very poor bioavailability. Piperine is able to increase this by 2000%.  Without the inclusion of piperine, the turmeric extract would be almost useless.
Why Turmeric and Piperine Capsules?
Encapsulated supplements are easier to take than powdered formats and save time. This removes the need to measure out these supplements and ensures accurate dosing. Plus, turmeric is a bright orange/yellow color and can stain your clothes and skin.
Turmeric (Curcumin) and Piperine Capsule Dosage
Each capsule contains 500mg of pure curcumin and 5mg of piperine. Individuals should take one capsule per day.
â€œHave tried other brands and liked the price on this particular one and decided to give it a shot. Everything is the same. I am experiencing no difference, better or worse, from the Turmeric with Piperine from Powder City than I was with other brands with a much heftier price tag. Good work Powder City. One request, dosage info and total MG amount per capsule is a good sign, however, it would be nice to know what the concentration level of the Turmeric is in the capsules.â€â€“ Paul G.
- Schiaffino, Stefano, and Terence Partridge. Skeletal Muscle Repair and Regeneration. Dordrecht, Netherlands: Springer, 2008.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.