See all reviews
Aniracetam Capsules are also available.
A Choline Source
Buy nootropics together for synergistic results
Do you prefer to buy nootropics in tubs? 100g Aniracetam Tub
Because of either their long history of success, or their relative inexpensiveness, or both, the racetams are the staple of the nootropic world. The glowing reputation many of these nootropics have attests to their ability to help support the brain.
There are a variety of racetam nootropics; this selection offers customers the ability to pick the one that works best for them. Everyone will have their preference, and one of the racetams that is often cited as a perennial fan-favorite in Aniracetam.
An N-side chain modified derivative of the original racetam, Aniracetam (1-(4-methoxybenzoyl)-2-pyrrolidinone) is popular in the nootropic community. This is because Aniracetam has carved out a reputation as being a very potent racetam and for being an ampakine.
Aniracetam is fat-soluble and will therefore NOT mix well with water. It is best to take fat-soluble racetams after a meal or with a fat source such as fish oil. Your body will not absorb or benefit from a fat-soluble racetam on an empty stomach.
Like the other racetams, Aniracetam is a powerful nootropic. Studies have indicated its ability to shoot up cognitive test scores by as much as 30%. Individuals often take it for central nervous system support and cognitive enhancement.
One of the main functions of Aniracetam is on the glutamate system in the brain. Glutamate is a potent neurotransmitter, but the brain happens to become easily desensitized to its presence. This means that you need more and more glutamate to get the same effect.
Aniracetam has shown to decrease sensitivity to glutamate, meaning that the same amount of glutamate has more effectiveness. That's why Aniracetam can increase the effects of glutamate which leads to an increase in brain activity.
By slowing the kinetics of fast synaptic transmission, Aniracetam increases glutamate sensitivity.
Aniracetam also appears to raise glutamate caused currents in whole-cell recordings.
While the direct mechanisms are not well understood, as is the case with the racetam family in general, Aniracetam has repeatedly shown to be favorite and to have low toxicity.
Like other racetams, aniracetam side effects may include headaches. To avoid headaches, add a choline source to your racetam stack.
Recommended dosage of aniracetam is two rounded 1/8 tsp scoops (750mg) once daily.
As with other racetams, many people suggest taking choline to help support and boost the beneficial Aniracetam side effects while helping you avoid headaches. Users can take Aniracetam with CDP-choline, Alpha GPC, choline bitartrate, or any other choline product.
- Aniracetam reduces glutamate receptor desensitization and slows the decay of fast excitatory synaptic currents in the hippocampus [pdf]
Additional ResourcesAniracetam Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
This product is not considered a dietary supplement and as such should only be taken under the guidance of a doctor or in a research setting.
Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult a physician if you are unsure about taking a new supplement or nootropic. Do not take this product if you are under 18, if you are pregnant, nursing, or have any cardiovascular issues.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.