See all reviews
This product has been discontinued, and the remaining stock will be liquidated. Take 30% off all liquidation products under Powder City's Partial Liquidation Sale. 30% off discount has already been applied to the price shown.
Of the many Bioflavinoids in existence, Quercetin is one of the most well studied. It is available in several forms including dihydrate, glycosides, aglycone, and rutinoside, with dihydrate providing the best bioavailability .
What is Quercetin Dihydrate?
Bioflavinoids are a class of nutrients naturally available in fruits and vegetables.
The bioflavinoid Quercetin Dihydrate is found in fruits and vegetables; most commonly apples and onions. Quercetin Dihydrate has some neuroactive properties similar to caffeine, only less potent . From a biological perspective, Quercetin Dihydrate has been shown to promote apoptosis in unhealthy cell growths and decrease the absorption of dietary, lower plasma, and hepatic cholesterol [3, 4].
Quercetin Dihydrate has also been correlated with inhibiting the stages of RNA viral life cycles in airway cells in the lungs . These and its other biological activities are believed to be the mechanism behind the many benefits Quercetin Dihydrate offers.
As one of the most popular bioflavinoids, Quercetin Dihydrate offers a wide variety of benefits to those who choose to supplement it. Quercetin Dihydrate is known to have anti-oxidant properties . It has been used to promote the health of various conditions of the heart and blood vessels, eyes, mind, lungs, prostate, and many other organs .
Many have had success with supplementing Quercetin Dihydrate to combat fatigue. Plus, more serious competitors have even used it to increase endurance and promote athletic performance .
Quercetin Dihyrdate Dosage
Quercetin Dihyrdate has been given GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) status with no noted side effects in doses up to a few grams per day. The typical dosing recomendations are to take 12.5-25mg per kg of body weight. This translates to 850mg-1.7g per day for a 150lb person. This dosage is often divided into three administrations throughout the day. A good place to start is 400mg and work your way to a higher dose as needed.
You might also want to supplement Quercetin Dihydrate with other bioflavinoids such as Green Tea Extract, Genistein, or Resveratrol to increase its potency and benefits at a decreased level of intake .
CAS Number: 6151-25-3
Synonyms: 2-(3,4-Dihydroxyphenyl)-3,5,7-trihydroxy-4H-1-benzopyran-4-one dihydrate; 3,3â€²,4â€²,5,7-Pentahydroxyflavone dihydrate
Additional ResourceQuercetin Wikipedia Entry
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.