See all reviews
What Is Magnesium Citrate?
Magnesium Citrate is a compound consisting of magnesium and citric acid, which is one of the most easily absorbed forms of magnesium.  Magnesium itself is the second most ubiquitous electrolyte in the human body and is an essential dietary mineral. It plays a number of roles in overall health, including: maintaining normal nerve and muscle function, energy metabolism, and the preservation of neurons when they are not firing.  Magnesium deficiencies are commonplace, especially in western diets as grains are poor sources of this mineral â€” 68% of adults in the United States consume below the recommended daily intake of magnesium.  The most common food sources for magnesium are nuts, beans, legumes, leafy greens, and animal tissue. 
Magnesium Citrate Benefits
The main benefit of magnesium citrate over other forms of magnesium is that it is more easily absorbed by the body. Magnesium also offers a range of other benefits:
Magnesium Citrate Powder and Blood Glucose Pressure
Numerous studies show that magnesium can reduce blood pressure and blood glucose.  One study found that magnesium reduced fasting blood glucose after 6 months of magnesium supplementation.  Fasting blood glucose is the blood glucose level experienced after not eating for at least 8 hours, and is typically measured upon waking from sleep. Another study found that when used in conjunction with lifestyle changes, magnesium reduced 24-hour blood pressure. 
Magnesium Citrate and Breathing Improvement
Magnesium can also offer improvements to breathing. Children who took 300mg of magnesium daily were found to have greater bronchial resilience.  One study found that magnesium supplementation improved the amount of resilience that the airway demonstrated in response to methacholine, a choline ester used to diagnose bronchial hyper-reactivity.
Additional Benefits of Magnesium Citrate
One study found that magnesium increased bone mineral density, which can make bones stronger because more mineral content is packed into the bones.  A lone study found that magnesium supplementation significantly improved the time it took to complete triathlon-like testing.  A couple studies have also shown that magnesium can improve sleep quality, especially in the elderly. [11,12]
Magnesium Powder Side Effects
Commonly reported side effects of magnesium citrate supplementation include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and stomach cramping.
Magnesium Citrate Dosage
The recommended magnesium powder dosage is 2g daily.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.