See all reviews
About L-Theanine Capsules
- Promotes healthy rest and relaxation*
- Supplements cognitive and respiratory health*
- Alleviates the jittery effects of caffeine
- Tested for dosage and purity
L-Theanine is an incredibly popular supplement for its many health benefits, but for some, measuring out the correct dosage for each supplementation can be a real pain. That's why Powder City now offers L-Theanine in encapsulated form. It's the same great product, just easier to manage and consume!
What is L-Theanine?
For many people who find it difficult to promote relaxation or unwind at the end of a long day, L-Theanine supplementation is an excellent method to help you relax and worry less. It is similar in structure and has many of the same effects as Glutamate, a neurotransmitter in the brain that is involved in learning and memory.* 
Benefits of L-Theanine
L-Theanine provides many benefits to those who choose to add it to their dietary supplementation. At normal doses, L-Theanine has also been shown to promote cognition, alertness, and attention.* 
There is further evidence suggesting that L-Theanine may have cellular health benefits, although this is still being studied. [3, 4] Lastly, many individuals choose to supplement L-Theanine with a form of Caffeine, as this combination has been shown to supplement cognitive speed and accuracy and promote healthy attention while switching tasks.* 
The typical dosage for L-Theanine is one 200mg capsule once daily
â€œI really enjoy the mental boost of clarity and focus I get with L-Theanine and caffeine capsules, and the Theanine-only capsules really helps take the rough edge off of caffeine. I enjoy coffee, and since I don't want to double-stack caffeine ingestion, the L-Theanine capsules are convenient to take 1-2 with coffee. It works well for me, though it's more effective overall when I take it in conjunction with caffeine. No surprises there. This is my third order of L-Theanine caps, and I'll continue to order it from Powder City.â€- Trevor P
â€œI've made this part of my night and morning stacks. In conjunction with: 500 mg Magnesium Citrate 300mg Alpha GPC It has provided me the best sleep I've had in forever. Normally I wake up intermittently throughout the night, but with these I pretty much always sleep all the way through and wake up relatively refreshed. In the morning, I take it with a few other things, including bacopa, noopept, and coffee-based caffeine. It contributes pretty well, I think. I don't experience any of the jitters I normally do from the coffee.â€- Joshua B
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22422488" target=
Additional ResourcesTheanine Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.