See all reviews
This product has been discontinued, and the remaining stock will be liquidated. Take 30% off all liquidation products under Powder City's Partial Liquidation Sale. 30% off discount has already been applied to the price shown.
Common Misspelling: Melotonin
Melatonin is also available in capsules!
Sleep Better with a Melatonin Supplement
Sleep is a wonderful thing, and it also happens to be essential for almost every function in the body. A good night's rest is often an indicator of a good day's work. So if sleep is so important, why doesn't it come easily to some people? Why do some people have to battle to get a few hours while others can go out like a light?
What is Melatonin Powder?
Melatonin (N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine) is a hormone that naturally occurs in humans, animals, plants, and even microbes.  Because of its ubiquity in nature, melatonin has been widely studied and found to be an important signaling molecule.*
Humans primarily produce Melatonin by the pineal gland, and throughout the day melatonin levels will oscillate up and down in what is called the Circadian Rhythm. The Circadian Rhythm is an important biological function that helps us go to sleep easily, stay asleep, and wake up feeling rested and alert.*
Melatonin is a large part of the Circadian Rhythm but has many other roles to play. It is essential to body functions ranging from the promoting cellular, cardiovascular, skeletal, and cognitive health.* 
Melatonin Powder as a Cellular Health Supplement
The most widely-known Melatonin benefit is its use as a sleep aid. A powerful cellular health supplement, Melatonin not only diminishes cell damaging free-radical activity, but also up-regulates certain cellular health enzymes.  An immunoregulator, melatonin has been shown to be an integral part of the body's defense systems.* 
Melatonin Powder For Quality Sleep
Of course the major use of melatonin supplementation is to promote healthy sleep and relaxation. Supplementing melatonin at night may help supplement sleep quality and reduce sleep onset time, which is a great relief to people that struggle to get enough.* 
Additional Melatonin Benefits
This supplement promotes healthy body composition, too.* In animal studies, melatonin supplementation in aging rat's increased their melatonin to youthful levels, which resulted in decreased body fat. 
Melatonin Powder Dosage
Users typically take Melatonin powder in one of three dosages: 1 mg, 3 mg, or 5 mg about an hour before bedtime so as not to interfere with daily activities. Users often add Melatonin to their regimen to balance out other supplements which many might find too stimulating at night.
- R. Hardeland, et al. "Melatonin." FEBS Journal 273.13 (2006): 2813-2838. Academic Search Elite. Web. 29 Aug. 2012.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.