See all reviews
Part of the reason that fat loss can be so difficult is that there are so many dimensions to why we eat and why we eat too much. Metabolic levels are important if we want to burn fat, but sometimes it just isn't enough and we need to eat less food as well.
Now, people are starting to use a simple compound found in certain grasses that could increase metabolism and decrease appetite. It might just be the supplement you've been looking for to help you reach your body fat goals.
Popular among those training for strength and fat loss, Hordenine has a broad appeal among the health conscious.
What is Hordenine HCL?
Hordenine (N,N-dimethyl-4-hydroxyphenylethylamine) is a natural phenethylamine compound that occurs in different plants, notably barley grass. It is structurally related to the amino acid tyramine. Methylation of tyramine creates N-methyltyramine and Hordenine.
This supplement works primarily through the release and protection of norepinephrine, much like other weight-loss supplements. This would explain the benefits of increased metabolism and energy, as well as the decrease in appetite which is apparently a result of slowed digestion.
Users supplement Hordenine for three main effects: fat loss, appetite control, and energy. It is used in many bodybuilding pre-workout stacks for its synergistic effects with PEA.
Researchers have indicated that Hordenine, as part of a more complete supplemental regimen, can produce increased energy expenditure in healthy people. This leads to more calories being burned, even while you're not working out.
Hordenine can also lead to an increase in the release of norepinephrine and a reduction in the metabolic destruction of norepinephrine. This effect on the adrenergic system could explain its purported results and the success some people find through Hordenine supplementation.
Known as a very powerful key to weight reduction, norepinephrine helps increase metabolism and significantly reduce appetite. By activating norepinephrine, Hordenine might work much like other very effective weight-loss compounds.
Hordenine is often used in conjunction with other exercise and weight-loss improving supplements to reach the desired outcome of more energy and less fat.
Users typically take Hordenine multiple times a day to maintain its effect. A dose of about 25 mg three times a day is a good start. Some people find Hordenine dosages works best with the addition of PEA, caffeine anhydrous, or yohimbine.
- Proceedings of the Biochemical Society [pdf]
- Thermogenic effect of an acute ingestion of a weight loss supplement
- Predictors of weight loss and maintenance in patients treated with antiobesity drugs
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.