See all reviews
Do you prefer tubs? Oxiracetam Powder Tub
The world of nootropics is dominated by the racetam family. Not only are racetams some of the oldest and most studied, many people find the racetams to be the most effective part of their nootropic stack.
Since the discovery of the racetams, many derivative compounds have come up as viable alternatives for people who enjoy the racetams and want to see what else they have to offer. Due to the variation in subjective effects, many people will have their own favorites. One of the more popular racetam varieties is Oxiracetam.
Oxiracetam is a racetam with a hydroxyl-substituted oxopyrrolidone nucleus. What people really like about Oxiracetam is that it has strong oral bioavailability compared to some of its racetam family members.
Oxiracetam Powder Benefits
Oxiracetam is water-soluble and will therfore mix well with water. It is best to take water-soluble racetams on an empty stomach.
Studies have shown that Oxiracetam can support semantic memory, verbal recall, and reading.
Research has shown that Oxiracetam does this at least partly through its ability to bring about long-lasting increases in neurotransmission in certain synapses. This is not the only possible mechanism, however. Oxiracetam may also be blocking NMDA-receptor antagonists.
In other words, what is probably happening is a system linked to high functioning in the brain is protected from blockages through Oxiracetam. That being said, there is also the possibility that it increases NMDA-receptor sensitivity, requiring less activity for greater effect.
While the racetams are similar, it appears that Oxiracetam works a bit differently than Aniracetam or Pramiracetam, even though the direct mechanisms of the racetams are still up for debate.  What is not up for debate are the multitude of positive effects that keep this family of nootropics a popular choice in the nootropic community.
Oxiracetam as a Stimulant
Unlike other racetams, Oxiracetam has mild stimulant properties. It achieves this via the cholinergic system, which facilitates stimulation within the brain. This same mechanism is thought to explain Oxiracetam's memory enhancing capabilities. 
This boost in energy is helpful for individuals who need to improve their cognition as well as alertness, such as college students preparing for a major exam or business executives preparing to give an important proposal.
While oxiracetam's stimulant properties are slight compared to that of true stimulants, it is enough to disrupt sleep, so oxiracetam is best taken well before you plan to go to bed. 
Oxiracetam Powder Dosage
Take one rounded 1cc scoop (750mg) once daily. Oxiracetam is water-soluble, and is best taken on an empty stomach. We performed in-house testing to verify this.
That being said, solubility is not black and white. At very high temperatures, oil is able to somewhat dissolve Oxiracetam as well. However, the final results show water is the best solvent for this particular racetam, so taking it with water will yield the best results.
Oxiracetam Powder Side Effects
As with most racetams, beneficial Oxiracetam side effects increase from the addition of a choline source, whether it be choline bitartrate, CDP-choline, Alpha GPC, or any other reliable choline source. This is said to deter headaches and increase subjective effects.
- Effect of the nootropic drug oxiracetam on field potentials of rat hippocampal slices [pdf]
- The Best Racetam? A Comparison Of The Popular Racetams
Additional ResourcesOxiracetam Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
This product is not considered a dietary supplement and as such should only be taken under the guidance of a doctor or in a research setting.
Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult a physician if you are unsure about taking a new supplement or nootropic. Do not take this product if you are under 18, if you are pregnant, nursing, or have any cardiovascular issues.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.