See all reviews
What Is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is an herb used in Ayurveda medicine. It is most commonly used as an relaxation promoting supplement.
The name means “smell of a horse.” This name not only comes from the smell of the plant, but also from the traditional belief that ingesting the plant will confer the strength and virility of a horse.
Withanolides are a group of chemical compounds that act as antioxidants, which promote cell protection. Withanolides also remove cells that are no longer needed or are a threat to the body .
Ashwagandha Root Health Benefits
Supplementing with this extract promotes a general feeling of well-being and increase in motivation.*
Supplementing with Ashwagandha can benefit cardiovascular exercise. Because the supplement aids in the reduction of cortisol, workouts can be more intense for longer periods without soreness [1,2].*
Ashwagandha also has energy promoting benefits which allow for more energy during exercise . Power output can be increased when weightlifting while supplementing with Ashwagandha.*
Individuals should take one 500mg capsule once per day.
Synonyms: Withania Somnifera, Indian Ginseng, Smell of Horse, Winter Cherry, Dunal, Solanaceae
Additional ResourcesAshwagandha Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.