See all reviews
Uridine monophosphate is an extremely diverse molecule, with bodily functions ranging from signaling the formation of new neurotransmitter synapses to being a building block in cellular RNA. Research indicates that using this supplement benefits cognitive performance in addition to supplemeneting brain health.
Common dietary sources of uridine include bovine liver, fish, yeast, mushrooms and cruciferous vegetables.  Uridine monophosphate has better bioavailability than dietary sources of uridine. Taking omega-3s (fish oil) can further enhance this bioavailability. [2,3]
Uridine and Cognitive Performance
Uridine supplementation can enhance supplement performance in a variety of areas thanks to it acting as a neurotransmitter while also playing crucial roles in bodily processes.  This cognitive supplement benefits learning, memory, attention span, and spatial learning. [5,6,7]
This supplement enhances learning and memory by supplementing the production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. 
This nootropic supplements learning and memory even further by promoting the formation of new synapses; in a sense, more synapses can equate to more mental capacity.  First uridine promotes neurite (the projections that come off of neurons) growth. These immature projections develop into synapses shortly thereafter.
This product further supplements this process exponentially by aiding in the formation of the building blocks of the cells that form neurites.  Thus, it not only tells the brain to create more synapses, but it also supplies the building blocks to make the synapses.
Uridine monophosphate promotes healthy attention span and spatial learning.  It's affects on attention span are likely due to this powerful nucleotide acting as a potent dopaminergic modulator, since dopamine levels are correlated with attention span, mood, and motivation. 
Uridine and Cognitive Health
Uridine monophosphate may benefit cognitive health in addition to cognitive performance. Seeing immediate results is awesome, but seeing long-term results is a lot more satisfying. Uridine helps maintain cognitive health via two mechanisms: improving phospholipid content of cell membranes and acting as a neuroprotective agent.
Phosphatidylcholine (PC), which is a type of phospholipid, is required for cellular health, and synaptic function.  PC production requires CDP-choline, while CDP-Choline production necessitates an ample supply of uridine and cytidine. Usually cytidine is the rate-limiting factor in CDP-Choline production; however, uridine can convert to cytidine as well. 
Supplementing with this product aids in the creation of an ample supply of precursors to maximize CDP-Choline production, thus resulting in an increase in overall PC and phospholipid synthesis.  If we were to go back to our support beam analogy, uridine acts as the clay that the bricks are made of, while the bricks represent CDP-Choline.
Another mechanism through which this nootropic may demonstrate long-term cognitive benefits.  Uridine supplementation may supplement synapse formation due to it benefiting neurite outgrowth.  Furthermore, increased P2Y2 signaling supplements the destruction of beta-amyloid proteins. 
Uridine Monophosphate Dosage
The recommended dosage range is between 150 and 250mg, up to two times a day. The best course of action is to start at the lower end of this spectrum and then work your way up if desired.
"I tried this after reading how much people like it on reddit. I took it alone (sublingually) separate from my regular stack. The effects are subtle (just like most powders if you've been taking them for a while), but I judged it to be effective. I was getting things done, feeling upbeat and it seems to be an appetite suppressant.
I created a secondary stack with it:
It tastes slightly salty... baking soda-ish, not unpleasant and it dissolves immediately."â€“ S. G.
"I have been using this for 6 days with great results. I use it with Fish oil and it produces synergistic results. My overall mood seems very positive and happy. It also seems to have enhanced my memory slightly. In a nutshell, this product has improved my mood, well-being, verbal clarity, memory and focus at a dosage of 150mg."â€“ Lucas A.
Additional ResourcesUridine Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.