See all reviews
Do you prefer capsules? Sulbutiamine capsules (200mg, 100 capsules)
Why? Both of these supplements are also nootropics with reported anxiolytic benefits. If you are looking to create a cognitive enhancing stack that can also reduce your anxiety, consider pairing sulbutiamine with one of the above.
No one is impervious to fatigue and as a result numerous adults turn to caffeine to power through the day. However, the stimulant effects can leave much to be desired. As a result, many individuals start to look for alternative solutions to their energy woes. An excellent option to reduce fatigue without feeling overly stimulated is sulbutiamine.
Sulbutiamine is a synthesized variant of thiamine, a B vitamin. It is far more bioavailable than thiamine, making it much easier to cross the blood brain barrier to deliver its effects. Originally discovered in Japan, researchers were attempting to improve thiamine's bioavailability and clearly succeeded. This boost in absorption is largely because sulbutiamine is fat-soluble, which improves its ability to affect the brain .
Individuals choose to buy sulbutiamine for a number of reasons. Its primary purpose is to boost fatigue and it is currently the only compound on the market used to improve chronic fatigue . In addition to a boost in energy, sulbutiamine also has nootropic potential and may be able to alleviate erectile dysfunction.
Sulbutiamine Side Effects and Benefits
Sulbutiamine improves memory by augmenting numerous neurotransmitters and receptors within the brain known for boosting cognition: acetylcholine, dopamine, and glutamine. This compound stimulates cholinergic activity, which partially accounts for its cognitive enhancing effects . This is because acetylcholine is the primary neurotransmitter for learning and is how the nervous system sends messages within the brain.
Sulbutiamine also inhibits the release of dopamine, which causes dopamine receptors to increase in density. This dopaminergic regulation plays a role in boosting memory as wellÂ . Lastly, this nootropic is also able to increase the effects of glutamate within the brain . This neurotransmitter affectsÂ learning and memory function due to itsÂ influence onÂ synaptic plasticity (how effectively brain cells respond to neurotransmitters) .
In mice studies, sulbutiamine supplementation directly correlated to an improvement in conditioning and recognition tests [3, 4]. Sulbutiamine can also attenuate dizocilpine-induced amnesia as well as provide neuroprotective benefits against oxygen deprivation [4, 5].
Individuals suffering from psycho-behavioral inhibition related to mood disorders may also consider buying sulbutiamine. These behaviors are marked by shyness or a fear of unfamiliar stimuli, which causes individuals to avoid new experiences. A four week study found sulbutiamine supplementation was able to improve cognitive, emotional, and behavioral inhibition in humans .
This nootropic also has positive implications for erectile dysfunction that is psychological in nature. While more research is needed, one study found that 16 of 20 patients saw improvement in their erectile dysfunction while taking sulbutiamine .
Thankfully, as is the case with most nootropics, there are few sulbutiamine side effects associated with therapeutic doses. Of the reported adverse effects, some individuals may develop a mild skin reaction and the elderly may experience mild agitation . In excessively large doses (300mg/kg a day or roughly 2g for a 150lb person) sulbutiamine is able to disrupt phase 2 of your sleep cycle .
A typical sulbutiamine dose is 400mg daily. Some individuals choose to split this into two even doses of 200mg spread throughout the day. It is often taken with meals since this supplement is fat soluble. Individuals should not exceed 600mg per day to avoid unwanted sulbutiamine side effects.
CAS Number: 3286-46-2
Synonyms: Arcalion, [4-[(4-amino-2-methyl-pyrimidin-5-yl)methyl-formyl-amino]-3-[2-[(4-amino-2-methyl-pyrimidin-5-yl)methyl-formyl-amino]-5-(2-methylpropanoyloxy)pent-2-en-3-yl]disulfanyl-pent-3-enyl] 2-methylpropanoate
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.