See all reviews
Reishi Mushroom (Ganoderma Lucidim)
Red Reishi is derived from the reishi mushroom, commonly known as the lingzhi mushroom or Ganoderma lucidum, and is usually found in tropical and temperate climates. It is a popular traditional Chinese remedy known for its ability to greatly boost the immune system as well as reduce stress. The mushroom has been used for its therapeutic properties for over 2000 years.* 
Reishi Mushroom Powder: What is it?
Reishi mushroom powder harnesses the many benefits of the reishi mushroom. Like many mushrooms, the lingzhi mushroom is mostly comprised of water; however, it does contain a large number of bioactive compounds including polysaccharides, peptidoglycans, and triterpenes*  While no one compound can be singled out as the main beneficial component, all three positively promote the immune system.*
Reishi Mushroom Benefits
The primary benefits of red reishi powder are promoting a healthy immune system and boosting mood; however, this potent mushroom can do much more. One of the primary reasons people take this supplement is for its energy boosting effects as well as its ability to supplement a healthy night's sleep.*
Ganoderma Lucidum as an Cellular Health SupplementFurther adding to its longevity claims, reishi mushroom powder is also a powerful cellular health supplement. The polysaccharide content in particular promotes the protection against free radicals.* 
Reishi Mushroom Dosage
Dosage varies per individual depending on perceived effects and body weight. Typical dosages vary anywhere from 1g to 5g daily.
CAS Number: 223751-82-4
Synonyms: lingzhi mushroom, reishi mushroom
How is your Reishi processed?
Although our reishi is not a standardized extract, it is processed using boiling water in order to increase bioavailability.
What part of the mushroom is used?
Only the sporocarp, or fruiting body, part of the mushroom is used in our reishi mushroom powder.
Additional ResourcesReishi Wikipedia Entry
Reishi Examine Entry
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.