See all reviews
What Is Omega-3 Fish Oil?
Fish oil supplements are a high source of omega-3 Fatty acids taken for their array of benefits. In order to receive ample amounts of omega-3s through diet alone, one would need to consume high amounts of fatty fish daily. These types of fish include Mackerel, Trout, Herring, Bluefin Tuna, and Salmon. Since most individuals do not maintain a consistent diet containing these fish, supplementation is highly recommended. This method is also a much cheaper alternative.
The two omega-3 fatty acids consist of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Though these two fatty acids are commonly taken together through fish oil supplementation, they each provide different benefits.
Fish Oil Benefits
These capsules provide endless benefits for cognition, mood, and overall health. This is one of most versatile supplements to add to any regimen.*
Omega-3s and Cognition
Omega-3 fatty acids have a proven ability to benefit working memory and cognition. Â It is able to do so by supplementing word recall, reaction times, spatial memory, and more.  Though DHA is most commonly used as the cognitive boosting omega-3, one study shows adding EPA to the equation yielded greater results.* 
Omega-3 Capsules for Athletes
Additional Benefits of Omega 3 Fish Oil
Though fish oilâ€™s most common benefits are those associated with cognition, there are many other benefits that promote overall health that are not as widely discussed.*
Omega 3 Benefits with Synergistic Supplements
This supplement appears to be a jack of all trades alone; however, there are many supplements to take with fish oil capsules to amplify its benefits.
DHA + Uridine
Uridine assists in the production of CDP-choline, which is highly synergistic with DHA.  An increase in choline along with DHA provides limitless cognitive benefits. This boost in cognition occurs because choline relies on fatty acids to form membrane components.*  This highly synergistic combination sparked the creation of the uridine stack.
Omega 3 + Astaxanthin
Astaxanthin is a pigment most commonly found in Krill that is a powerful cellular health supplement. Individuals supplement with astaxanthin beadlets because fish oil protects astaxanthin from environmental conditions while boosting its effects. 
Curcumin and Fish Oil Capsules
Curcumin and fish oil taken together stimulate synaptic function which is the communication of neurons. Supplemented synaptic function leads to a boost in normal brain functions.  A combination of curcumin capsules with piperine and fish oil capsules will promotes joint health while supplementing the bioavailability of curcumin.*
Omega 3 Fish Oil Capsules Dosage
The recommended dosage is two capsules per day. Each capsule contains 1000mg of fish oil which includes 160mg of EPA and 105mg of DHA.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.