See all reviews
Synonyms: hericium erinaceus, bearded tooth mushroom, hericium, satyrâ€™s beard, pomp om mushroom, Yamabushitake
Lionâ€™s Mane Mushroom Extract
Lionâ€™s Mane mushrooms grow on hardwood trees located in North America, Europe, and Asia. This mushroom gets its name because of its distinct appearance. The mushroom grows long hair-like spines that resemble an actual lionâ€™s mane. Hercium Erinaceus is popular as a Chinese remedy for cognitive decline.
Benefits of Lionâ€™s Mane Mushroom Extract
Lionâ€™s mane mushroom extract is a proven nootropic supplement used to promote cognitive health. [1,2] Lionâ€™s mane mushroom extract offers neuroprotection by preventing oxidative damage in the brain.* 
Taking lionâ€™s mane mushroom extract promotes a feeling of well-being and acts as an anxiolytic. [3,4] Since lionâ€™s mane has cellular health properties, it protects the body from stress-related damage.  Due to this extract functioning as an anxiolytic, some have experienced relief from symptoms associated with menopause.* 
Lionâ€™s mane mushroom extract is an excellent addition to a diet and energy stack because it promotes lipid metabolism and a healthy immune system.* [3,5]
Lionâ€™s Mane Mushroom Extract Dosage
Take one capsule (500mg) once daily. It is best to take lionâ€™s mane with a meal.
Additional ResourcesHericum Erinaceus Wiki
Hericum Erinaceus Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.