See all reviews
What is L-Tyrosine?
L-Tyrosine is a non-essential amino acid that can be synthesized in the body from Phenylalanine. It is also the parent compound in the creation of a number hormones and neurotransmitters. Some of the most important of these neurotransmitters include dopamine, DOPA, norepinephrine, epinephrine, and more. It is also essential in the production of the skin pigment melanin . Dietary sources of this amino acid include meat, eggs, fish, oats, and dairy products. Additionally, this supplement is also involved in many different vital functions and processes, such that it is also considered to be an all purpose amino acid .
One huge benefit of L-Tyrosine supplementation is that it can be useful for weight loss. It does this by improving some of the neurobiological disturbances typically caused by dietary restrictions .
Medical research also indicates that L-Tyrosine supplementation can sharpen the memory, if taken on a regular basis. Tyrosine is able to protect the nerves from toxins and it is even able to cross the blood-brain barrier, which is one of the reasons why it is effective at raising the levels of key neurotransmitters. Another interesting l-tyrosine benefit is it helps the body adjust to situations of cold and fatigue .
L-Tyrosine also plays the role as a control element, helping a number of organs function that are responsible for creation and regulation of a number of hormones. This includes the adrenal, thyroid, and pituitary glands. Additionally, this supplement is involved in the structure of almost every protein in the body .
Tyrosine and Mood
Tyrosine is an important amino acid when the body is under stress. It is critically involved in the production of stress hormones, especially epinephrine and norepinephrine. Without proper amounts of this supplement some studies suggest that memory and performance may suffer. There is also some evidence suggesting that L-Tyrosine supplementation after sleep deprivation can help people become much more alert .
Tyrosine supplement can also boost mood. It does this by helping you relax and as well as calming nerves and anxiety .
A typical dosage range for L-Tyrosine is 500mg-2g per day, typically 30-60 minutes before encountering an acute stressor such as exercise. Of course, each user is advised to start off at a low level and only increase gradually, as they evaluate the effects and benefits.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.