See all reviews
Why L-Theanine in a Tub Container?
Many individuals suffer from undue stress, which can make it difficult to relax and unwind. Supplementing with theanine can help to reduce this stress without causing sedation, a common side effect of other relaxation compounds.
It can also increase your focus and attention, particularly when paired with caffeine. In fact, because theanine can enhance focus and relaxation without causing sedation it is often paired with various stimulants to counter the jitters and edginess associated with them.
So why a tub container? Theanine calls for relatively small doses, which can be hard to scoop out of the standard foil pouch. A tub container greatly improves supplement usability.
L-Theanine Side Effects and Benefits
L-theanine is an amino acid found in the leaves of the Camilla sinensis plant, which is used to make teas. However, theanine is associated with green teas in particular. There are numerous benefits associated with theanine including an increase in lifespan, relaxation without sedation, improved memory, and more [1, 2, 3].
The primary benefit of theanine, however, is a reduction in stress. Unlike many stress relievers, theanine is able to reduce biomarkers of stress with or without an active stressor. This means that you do not need to be in stressful situations for theanine to promote relaxation; it will do so regardless [4, 5].
This reduction in stress is believed to be responsible at least in part for theanine's cognitive enhancing effects [5, 6]. This is because theanine reduces levels of the stress hormone corticosterone, which is known to inhibit long term potentiation and memory [7, 8].
Another great benefit is there are very few l-theanine side effects. In a 13 week animal study, extremely large theanine doses (4000mg/kg) were unable to produce toxicity . A separate 78 week study further proved theanine's safety as no toxic effects were discovered . As such, theanine is considered very safe.
Are you still not certain if theanine is for you? Check out these l-theanine reviews and see what others have to say:
The most common l-theanine dosage is 100-200mg per day, often paired with caffeine due to their synergy. When taken with caffeine, it should be dosed in a 2:1 ratio (i.e. 100mg of theanine and 50mg or caffeine). When first taking theanine, start with the smallest effective dose and only increase it once you have determined how your body responds to the supplement.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.