See all reviews
What is L-Lysine?
L-Lysine, more simply known as Lysine, is an essential amino acid that must be obtained through diet or supplementation. Some common dietary sources include fish, meats, cheeses, and soy; however, direct supplementation guarantees you are getting an accurate dose to reap maximum benefits.
Lysine is a building block for protein and is essential for promoting a number of functions including muscle growth, carnitine production, calcium absorption and more. Because of this, this amino acid is a popular preworkout supplement and is a frequent addition to preworkout stacks. Lysine also has potential as an anxiolytic, helping to promote relaxation.
Promotes Lean Muscle Mass
This is also a popular preworkout supplement due to its synergy with Arginine When paired together, these two supplements enhance growth hormone production . Lysine is also vital for building and maintaining muscle as low levels of this amino acid are linked with slower protein synthesis, which is how your body repairs and builds muscle following a workout [5, 6, 7]. When combined with vitamin C, lysine converts into carnitine, which your body then uses to metabolize fat .
Lysine also has positive implications for bone and joint health. This affect is amplified by the addition of arginine, as this synergistic pairing that supplements bone health .
Individuals should take 500mg one to two times per day. The recommended dosage by body weight is 12 mg/kg, which correlates to roughly 815mg for a 150lb adult. Start with the lowest effective lysine dosage to establish a baseline before increasing.
CAS Number:Â 56-87-1
Synonyms:Â 2,6-Diaminohexanoic acid; 2,6-Diammoniohexanoic acid
- Embleton, Phil J., and Gerard Thorne. Musclemag International's Anabolic Primer: An Information-packed Reference Guide to Ergogenic Aids for Hardcore Bodybuilders. Mississauga, Ont.: Musclemag International, 1998.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.