See all reviews
L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AAKG)
Maintaining a peak level of physical fitness requires a significant level of exertion from the bodyâ€”a level that some struggle to reach without the aid of certain supplements. L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, a chemical found in the body, is one such supplement that can help you push past your plateaus and reach your fitness goals .
Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AAKG) and Nitric Oxide
L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate works by increasing the nitric oxide levels in your blood, resulting in dilation of the blood vessels as you workout . For this reason, the supplement is very popular among body builders and those who enjoy extreme workouts, as dilation of blood vessels allows enhanced delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles during exercise [2, 3]. As a result, many feel it improves weight training by providing muscles with greater strength.
L-Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate also works throughout various body pathways to not only develop muscle, but also heal serious wounds .
L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AAKG) Benefits
L-Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate provides many benefits to the health conscious. Not only does it help to promote increased blood flow to the working muscle, it also helps to reduce the excess ammonia that results from strenuous physical activity . It has also been shown to boost the health of numerous organs including kidneys, liver, and the gastrointestinal tract .
There is also evidence that L-Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate can help with bacterial infections, yeast infections, and eye problems . Additionally, L-Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate may help protect the heart from damage resulting from poor blood flow and muscle breakdown that comes with surgery or significant physical trauma .
L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AAKG) Dosage
The typically recommended dosage for L-Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate is 2.6 grams, taken as many as three times per day . It is considered safe for adults when utilized properly, and it is not known to have any significant side effects [2, 3]. There are no known supplement or food interactions with this product .
CAS Number:Â 16856-18-1
Synonyms:Â AAKG, Arginine AKG
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.