See all reviews
Gotu Kola Extract Capsules are also available.
What is Gotu Kola?
Centella Asiatica, more commonly known as Gotu Kola, is a perennial plant found in Asia. This herbal supplement is traditionally used in Chinese, Indian and Indonesian Ayurvedic tonics. The many benefits of Gotu Kola do not stop there; in China, Gotu Kola was referred to as â€˜The Fountain of Lifeâ€™ because of its many health benefits. 
Gotu Kola Containing 5% Saponins
Individuals looking to take herbal supplements should look for extracts for maximum benefits. Extracts provide a guarantee that a certain amount of the active ingredients are present. In this case, Gotu Kola has been tested to contain 5% Saponins.
What are Saponins?
Saponins are plant based glycosides extracted for a variety of benefits. The presence of Saponins protect the plant from certain scavengers due to the bitter taste and poisonous characteristics. Though Saponins are poisonous to some animals, they provide many health benefits to humans. Saponins are commonly used to promote respiratory and circulatory health.* 
Gotu Kola Benefits
Mainly known for its cognitive benefits, Gotu Kola also promotes overall health and well-being. This supplement functions as a cellular health supplement, and more.*
Gotu Kola has been shown to promote relaxation and overall well-being. One study showed Gotu Kola decreased the acoustic startle response (ASR). ASR is the negative response to sudden threats, noises, or movements. This study further proves Gotu Kolaâ€™s effectiveness as an anxiolytic.* 
Poor mood, lack of motivation and many other factors have negative effects on cognitive function. Gotu Kolaâ€™s ability to promote healthy mood is one of the reasons it aids in cognitive benefits.  Mood-related cognitive supplementation is not the only nootropic benefit experienced when using Gotu Kola. This supplement promotes enhanced memory, attention span, and motivation.* [3,5]
Gotu Kola supplementation promotes microcirculation which is the circulation of blood through the smallest blood vessels consisting of artioles, capillaries, and venules.* [6,7,8]
Miscellaneous Gotu Kola Benefits
Gotu Kola Dosage
Individuals should take two 1/8 tsp scoops (600mg) of Gotu Kola extracts once daily.
CAS Number: 16830-15-2
Synonyms: Centella asiatica, Asiatic pennywort, Indian pennywort, Jal Brahmi, Mandookaparni, Tsubokusa
Additional ResourcesGotu Kola Examine Page
Gotu Kola Wiki
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.