See all reviews
Glucomannan (Konjac Root)
Many individuals trying to lose weight recognize the benefit of adding more fiber to their diet. Fiber acts within the stomach and intestines to help you feel fuller for longer and to help the body process and eliminate food more efficiently. A lesser known but incredibly effective fiber source that is increasing in popularity is Glucomannan.
What is Glucomannan Powder?
Glucomannan, also known as Konjac Root, is a fibrous sugar that comes from the Konjac Plant found largely in tropical East Asia . It has been widely used for hundreds of years as both a supplement and in certain foods as a thickener or gelling agent. Like other types of fiber, Konjac Root works in the stomach and intestines by absorbing water. In fact, Glucomannan is able to expand to up to seventeen times its original volume when placed in water .
As with other fibers, Glucomannan's ability to expand significantly to absorb fluid makes it a great tool for suppressing appetite, as this expansion fills up the stomach, and sends a signal to the body that it no longer needs food [1, 2, 3]. For this reason, many people choose to supplement Glucomannan in attempts to promote weight loss. One study even showed significant weight loss in patients who had recently suffered from heart related complications .Â Konjac Root is also commonly used to ease constipation, aid in controlling blood sugar levels, reduce the levels of lipids in the blood, and address thyroid complications .
Glucomannan has been safely used for years by many individuals for a multitude of purposes . The typically recommended dosage for Glucomannan is 2 grams taken 1-2 times per day, approximately 30-45 minutes before a meal. The benefit of usingÂ Konjac Root as a fiber supplement is that it requires a significantly smaller dose to achieve the same effects as other fiber supplements would . When used appropriately, there are no toxicity concerns with this supplement. However, interactions with certain medications have occurred so it is best to consult your physician prior to use .
CAS Number: 37220-17-0
Synonyms: Konjac Mannan
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.