See all reviews
Synonyms: Tanakan, Tebonin, RÃ¶kan, Maidenhair
What is Ginkgo Biloba?
Ginkgo Biloba supplements are extracted from the leaves of the Ginkgo Biloba (Maidenhair) Tree. This tree is also known as the living fossil because it dates back to the existence of dinosaurs. The Maidenhair tree is native to China and the leaves have been used in Ayurveda for centuries as a brain tonic.
The Benefits of Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract Containing Glycosides
Many plants store chemicals known as inactive glycosides. These inactive glycosides are activated through enzyme hydrolysis, the process of binding the inactive molecule with a sugar or sugar group. Glycosides are the active compounds in these leaves that provide its unique benefits. We choose this extract to make sure each dosage contains these active components so maximum results can be achieved.
Ginkgo Biloba Benefits
Even those individuals who are not suffering from a cognitive impairment can experience memory improvement and improved processing abilities from Ginkgo Biloba supplementation. [1,2]
Gingko Biloba doesnâ€™t only improve memory; it also improves overall cognitive function. This extract shows promise in improving focus and attention span. [3,4]
This supplement is effective for mood regulation. Ginkgo extract regulates cortisol levels which is the hormone that is released during times of stress. Cortisol reduction allows for a more relaxed state when dealing with stressful situations. 
Sleep Better with Ginkgo Biloba
Lack of sleep can cause negative effects on mood, cognition, and overall well-being. Taking ginkgo extract before bed may improve REM sleep. One study showed Ginkgo Biloba improves non-REM sleep and reduced the number of awakenings, this means ginkgo supplementation improves overall sleep quality. 
Ginkgo Biloba Extract Dosage
If you want constant but mild benefits, the recommended ginkgo biloba dosage is 40-125mg one to three times per day.
Additional ResourcesGinkgo Biloba on Examine
Ginkgo Biloba Wiki
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.