See all reviews
Fucoxanthin Synonyms:Â Seaweed Extract, Undaria Pinnatifida, fuco, fucothin
What is Fucoxanthin?
Fucoxanthin, also known as seaweed extract, is a carotenoid (pigment) found in brown seaweed that is structurally similar to Vitamin A and beta-carotene. Rather than act as a vitamin though, this supplement functions as a potent fat burner when used consistently. Effects are not acute and require 1-4 months for results to show; however,Â the resulting fatÂ loss is steady and reliable .
The primary benefit of a fucoxanthin supplement is fat loss.Â Unlike manyÂ of the weight loss supplements available on the market,Â seaweed extract has proven effective in bothÂ animal and human studies [1, 2]. This particular weight loss aid takes time to go into effect as it is non-stimulatory and must build up in your fat tissue first before inducing fat loss.
Other effectsÂ include a range of cardiovascular health benefits. Fucoxanthin supplements can reduce cholesterol and triglyceride absorption as well as inhibit their production within the body . This may also play a role in its fat-loss properties. This supplement can also help individuals regulate andÂ improve their blood pressure .
This supplement is also an effective cellular health supplement . While it is not as effective as other cellular health supplements such as Vitamin C, it does scavenge free radicals . This sets it apart from other carotenoids, which do not typically possess this capability.Â Additionally, it can protect against the damaging effects of UV rays .
This fucoxanthin supplement is a 25% extractÂ and calls for a dosage ofÂ 9.6-32mg per day. A good starting point is 20mg per day.Â Fucoxanthin works synergisticallyÂ when taken alongside fatty acids such as Fish Oil or Conjugated Linoleic Acid by helpingÂ to improve absorption.Â
A standard fucoxanthin dosage for a 100% extract is 2.4-8mg per day. However, such small dosages are difficult to accurately measure, which is why we offer a 25% extract instead.Â
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.