See all reviews
Citric Acid Powder: More than Just a Flavoring Agent
Citric acid is well known as a natural component of many citrus fruits. However, many people might be surprised to realize that supplementation with citric acid can help keep them healthy and performing more efficiently on a number of levels.
What is Citric Acid?
Citric acid is a weak organic acid that occurs naturally in many types of citrus fruits. It is also a natural preservative and is used to add an acidic or sour taste to foods and soft drinks. It is also used as a binding and chelating agent in many minerals and metals.
This substance also easily mixes with liquids and in used in a multitude of different preparations. A number of different vitamins, such as C, use citric acid in their mixtures.
Since citric acid is also a natural substance, it may be taken internally. In addition to a flavoring agent, many professional cooks keep this substance on hand. It is useful for adding a bit of sour flavor to even out an overly sweet taste.
Citric Acid Benefits
There are a number of commercial benefits of citric acid. These mainly center on adding flavor to candy, soft drinks and other foods as a natural additive. The supplement can also be used as a cleaner, and helps to kill bacteria, remove rust, calcium, dirt and soap scum. It is also useful for removing mildew and destroying viruses.
Citric acid is also great for internal use. It influences a positive mood and also helps maintain energy levels, especially in people involved with physical activity and hard work. The acid also helps to metabolize food within the digestive process. It works by specifically by aiding in the metabolization of carbohydrates. .
Citric Acid Powder Dosage
The recommended dosage of a citric acid supplement is 500mg two times per day with meals or as a flavoring agent.Â
- Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citric_acid
- Wise Geek http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-citric-acid.htm
- Live Strong http://www.livestrong.com/article/164708-what-are-the-benefits-of-citric-acid/
Additional ResourcesCitric Acid Examine Page
Citric Acid Wiki
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.