See all reviews
CDP Choline sodium capsules are also available.
CDP Choline Sodium Powder
Cytidine Diphosphate Choline (CDP Choline sodium) supplements cerebral metabolism and studies have indicated it may benefit the efficacy of dopamine receptors. Scientists have established that CDP Choline sodium aids in the body's synthesis of acetylcholine.* Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter that is associated with the brain's ability to learn and remember. Acetylcholine facilitates formation of memories. If there is an increased amount of available acetylcholine in the brain, there may be an benefit to memory formation.
CDP Choline Sodium Powder Benefits
There has been a lot of recent interest in acetylcholine and its role in the human brain. Cholinergics and their unique effect on brain chemistry may benefit memory and cognition. There have been multiple clinical trials that have shown positive results to indicate this.*
CDP Choline Sodium Powder Dosage
CDP Choline sodium is best taken in the morning to early afternoon, as it can provide both mental and physical energy. When determining individual tolerance, we suggest a daily dose of 250 to 600 mg per day.
Upon determining tolerance, CDP Choline sodium dosage of up to 500mg-2000mg per day is the suggested amount for maximizing on cognitive benefits.
If a larger dose is intolerable, experimenting with split dosing may be worthwhile. Supplemental B complex vitamins and folate supplements may aid in the absorption of this product. In order to maximize the effects of your Choline supplementation, consider cycling your CDP Choline sodium with other choline sources, such as Alpha-GPC or Choline Bitartrate.
CDP choline sodium powder dissolves quickly in water and has almost no taste (see results of organoleptic testing below). Mix with water, milk or juice, and drink. You can also use one of our encapsulation kits to make your own capsules.
CDP Choline Sodium Bioavailability, Mixing and Solubility
CDP choline sodium powder dissolves quickly in water and has almost no taste. Mix with water or juice and drink.
Best Choline Supplement
Determining the best choline supplement for you can be tricky given that there are so many options available on the market. Three popular options are CDP Choline Sodium, Alpha-GPC, and Choline Bitartrate.
Alpha-GPC is often touted as the best choline source, but it has some drawbacks. It is extremely hygroscopic meaning it absorbs water from the air. As a result, it can sometimes solidify. Since it is impractical to store pure Alpha-GPC for long periods, it is often sold at a 50% concentration.
CDP Choline Sodium
CDP Choline sodium, while not as effective as Alpha-GPC, still provides numerous cognitive benefits. It is able to supplement memory and cellular health. Both Alpha-GPC and CDP Choline sodium are excellent choline sources, and many individuals choose to try out both and see which works best for them.
Choline bitartrate is the weakest of the three, but it is also the most affordable. It does not provide as many nootropic benefits as the other choline sources, but it still provides liver benefits.
Synonyms: Cytidine Diphosphocholine,Â Citicholine
How long does it take to feel the effectiveness of CDP choline sodium?
Choline sources are non-sensory products so it isnâ€™t something you will necessarily feel as you would a stimulant.
What does CDP cholineÂ sodium powder taste like?
Organoleptic testing is done on every lot of every product we receive. Below is an example of organoleptic testing completed for all current lots of CDP Choline sodium. The results show CDP cholineÂ sodium has a slightly salty taste.
"If you are a bodybuilder and you are past age 25 you know that it is getting difficult to make the gains you made in your younger years. Add CDP Choline to your secretagogue stack and you will have a surge of somatropin. I recommend that you take .15 grams up to four times a day with at least two hours between each dose. Stacks well with glutamine, and other bodybuilding supplements. You may notice that your hair is growing faster and you may recover from wounds and injuries faster while taking this supplement. It is great for muscle growth too."â€“ Jason G.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.