See all reviews
Betaine Anhydrous Supplements
There are a number of interesting benefits and effects which may be attributed to Betaine Anhydrous. People who suffer from high levels of homocysteine in their systems will be happy to hear that this product may help improve their general health, since the main function is to lower these levels. Others who are interested in losing weight naturally, or even athletes looking to gain muscle mass may be interested in this supplement as well.
What is Betaine Anhydrous Supplement (Trimethylglycine)?
Betaine Anhydrous, also known as trimethylglycine or simply TMG, is an amino acid type vitamin that is found in plants like sugar beets (which is where its name is derived) . It is also made in the human body and is involved in liver function, cellular reproduction, and even helping the body to make carnitine. However, its main function is to lower levels of homocysteine, another amino acid. Research also suggests that this supplement may be even more effective when taken in combination with choline, vitamin B12, and folic acid. Natural food sources include beets, broccoli, grains, shellfish, and spinach .
Betaine Anhydrous (TMG) Supplement Benefits
There are many TMG supplement benefits.The primary benefit of betaine is theÂ reduction of homocysteine levels within the body. Homocysteine is a potentially toxic substance that is often created during the process of meat digestion. This toxicity is even thought by many researchers to contribute to joint problems, cardiovascular issues, and even skeletal deformities. Betaine Anhydrous is also a potential help to people suffering from inherited amino acid disorders which cause the body to produce too much homocysteine .
BetaineÂ benefitsÂ intestinal function and a number of other bodily processes. The supplement aids in cell production and may help to protect the kidneys and liver. There is also some evidence to suggest that it helps to protect DNA and DNA formation .
TMG Supplements and Body Composition
Studies on animals also indicate that Betaine Anhydrous may even have lipotropic effects, helping to promote fat loss through the oxidation of lipids . Along the same lines, it has been known to improve digestive efficiency and possibly also lead to increased lean mass production.
Betaine Anhydrous Supplement Dosage
Many users take 2.5g-6g of TMG supplement. This is taken in 750mg administrations throughout the day.
Additional ResourcesTrimethylglycine Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.