Quality Control Technician
Powder City is seeking a QC Technician familiar nootropics or dietary supplements. Cursory knowledge of HPLC testing or any analytical chemistry testing is a plus, but isn't required.
This position performs sensory/organoleptic testing (taste, smell, visual) and coordinates identity and assay testing with third-party labs.
Other responsibilities include assigning sampling tasks to receiving associates and updating them with process changes. This position compiles certificates of analysis based on testing results, and then coordinates lot moves from quarantine to manufacturing.
Examples of ingredients include Caffeine, Noopept, Piracetam, L-Theanine, Alpha-GPC, and Phenibut.
Out of state applicants are welcome. This position is on-site, but we will assist with relocation expenses.
- Storing and maintaining samples archive
- Ensuring testing is completed for lots before they are stocked in
- Coordinating lot movement from quarantine to manufacturing
- Asking raw materials suppliers for lab methods and searching online for methods (mostly HPLC methods)
- Finding additional third-party labs for redundancy (mostly HPLC testing)
- Sourcing standard/reference samples
- Communicating with sample gathering staff about procedures and training updates.
- Coordinating lot testing with labs and submitting lab work orders.
- Creating certificates of analysis (COA) for products from compiled lab and organoleptic tests.
- Familiarity with nootropics or supplements
- Basic spreadsheet knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication
- 10 days yearly PTO, plus 6 paid holidays
- Monthly stipend for trying new products
Please send your resume, along with answers to the questions below to Jennifer@powdercity.com with 'Quality Technician' in the subject line:
- What supplements or nootropics do you currently take?
- Do you have any familiarity with analytical testing?
Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These dietary supplement products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult a physician if you are unsure about taking a new supplement. Do not take this supplement if you are under 18, if you are pregnant, nursing, or have any cardiovascular issues.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.