About Powder City
Powder City is a rapidly growing dietary supplement ecommerce business located in York, PA with around 45 employees. Our mission is to provide customers with the most affordable prices in bulk and encapsulated supplements while maintaining strict quality standards.
About the Position
We are seeking a Human Resources Manager to oversee all aspects of HR including staffing needs, policy development, revision, and adherence.
The HR Manager is a business leader who drives policy change to meet company goals while promoting a positive culture.
This position is ideal for a leader who prefers prioritizing solutions to business problems in a challenging work environment.
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 16 days yearly PTO
- 6 paid holidays
- 401k retirement
- Competitive salary
- 0% above cost employee discount
- Hold managers accountable for following policies and best practices regarding progressive discipline, and attendance
- Consult with company business lawyers for HR legal issues and resolve unemployment claims
- Revise HR policies, employee handbook, and job descriptions
- Collaborate with managers to identify labor requirements and skill gaps
- Develop new metrics to track accountability, process improvement, and performance
- Coach and mentor on a management level
- Develop succession planning, training programs, and self-directed learning
- Ensure all human resources activities are in compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Administer ATS, benefits, employee information, and organizational hierarchy
- Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to affect continual improvements
- Ensure accurate employee scheduling from department managers
- Eventually manage an HR Assistant
- Recruiting, screening, interviewing, and testing candidates along with performing background checks and ensuring completed new hire paperwork
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead projects at a network level to influence and obtain buy-in, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results
- Demonstrated experience driving processes improvements
- The ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Experience in a rapidly changing work environment
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to 'roll up your sleeves'
- Experience with the full staffing life cycle, including interviewing, hiring, onboarding, promotions, and terminations
- HR experience working for companies with 50+ employees and familiarity with FMLA and employment law
- The ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends and holidays
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role
- 3+ years’ experience in HR
- HR experience in a fulfillment or manufacturing environment
- Labor planning and forecasting experience
- Experience recruiting both salaried and hourly employees
Please send your resume and answers to the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- How many years of HR experience do you have?
- Have you written job descriptions?
- Have you worked in an HR position at a company with over 50 employees?
Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These dietary supplement products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult a physician if you are unsure about taking a new supplement. Do not take this supplement if you are under 18, if you are pregnant, nursing, or have any cardiovascular issues.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.