See all reviews
What is Zinc L-Aspartate?
Zinc L-Aspartate provides a bioavailable form of the mineral Zinc, which is very important to the proper functioning of the human body. While Zinc is essential to our existence, it is only required in trace amounts, so daily needs can be met with very small quantities . Zinc plays an important role in many body processes including enzyme regulation, cell division and growth, and the breakdown of carbohydrates [2, 3].
Zinc L-Aspartate can be used to manage Zinc deficiency, which, although not common, can cause many complications including slow growth, low insulin levels, slow wound healing, rough/dry skin, loss of appetite, irritability, hair loss, and poor sense of taste or smell [1, 2]. Meat, seafood, dairy, nuts, legumes, and whole grains are all excellent sources of this essential trace element .
Benefits of Zinc L-Aspartate
Zinc has both anti-oxidant and immune boosting properties that make it a very popular health boosting supplement [2, 3]. It is also of crucial importance during pregnancy, infancy, and childhood due to its role in proper development . Among its many other benefits, Zinc has been shown to improve heart health and some skin conditions as well as promote healthy weight gain in people with eating disorders [1, 2, 3]. There are some athletes who also find this supplement useful for improving athletic performance and strength .
Zinc L-Aspartate Dosage
The typically recommended dosage for Zinc L-Aspartate is 50mg. It is considered a safe supplement in small doses, although large quantities can result in unwanted side effects such as diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and vomiting, usually within three or so hours of supplementation . Prolonged overdose of any Zinc supplement can result in potentially negative consequences, so it is best to consult your physician prior to use to determine what dosage will work best for you .
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.