See all reviews
Resveratrol Powder: What is it?
Resveratrol is a dietary supplement that occurs naturally in various foods and plants, most notably red and white wine, peanuts, raspberries, plums, acai, and the herb Japanese Knotweed. The highest concentrations of the substance are in the skins of wine grapes and in boiled peanuts. [1,3]
Resveratrol has been highly publicized for its potential benefits in studies at Harvard and elsewhere. There have been positive physiological impacts noted when Resveratrol was introduced as a dietary supplement, particularly supporting cardiovascular health, cognition, and healthy metabolism.* [4,5]
While many beneficial effects have been noted by scientists worldwide regarding Resveratrol in everyday foods, there has been evidence to show that higher concentrations of it, such as is available as a dietary supplement, may provide more positive results than, for instance, drinking a glass of wine per day. [2,3,4,5]
Resveratrol Powder Dosage
Most individuals take 250mg (1 lightly filled 1/8th tspÂ scoop) of Resveratrol per day. Supplementing Resveratrol with Melatonin provides a synergistic effect in cardiovascular health.*  It may be more effective when used in concurrence with fatty acids. 
â€œI've been using resveratrol for several years as part of my supplement stack. I view resveratrol as a long term, low cost, and minimal risk strategy to mitigate telomere shortening. Powder City's product is one of the best on the market for quality and price. The supplement is independently tested for purity; a very important attribute in today's supplement market. Powder City also does a wonderful job of quickly shipping and tracking your order. I'm sold, and would recommend them to all.â€ - Joseph A
â€œPowder city offers the best price for this high quality product. I'm not 100% sure if this effect is because of the resveratrol, since I take other supplements too, but my skin has improved. It has less impurities since I started taking resveratrol. Also I feel it slightly increases my endurance when doing cardio and I have more energy in general. I recommend this product too everyone who considers taking resveratrol, since it is effective and Powder City definitely has the best price.â€ - Valerie D
- Davis, W. Marvin. "Resveratrol (Red Wine Extract)." Consumer's Guide to Dietary Supplements and Alternative Medicines: Servings of Hope. New York: Pharmaceutical Products, 2006. 343-45. Available at www.books.google.com
Additional ResourcesResveratrol Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.