See all reviews
We've all heard about the reasons you need to eat your fruits and vegetables and take your daily multivitamin. As common as the knowledge is, there are still people who don't take the necessary steps to avoid deficiency.
While vitamins are essential, some have more positive effects on your health than others do. One extremely important vitamin, that's Vitamin C, can be inexpensively supplemented to help keep you feeling great.
What is Vitamin C Powder?
Because it is water soluble, Vitamin C leaves the body quickly. This means that if you aren't taking in a constant amount of foods high in Vitamin C, you might think about supplementing to get all of the benefits of a high nutrient lifestyle.
Vitamin C supplements are very inexpensive and are important in many bodily functions, and you may not always get the nutrients you need through diet alone. To ensure you have optimal nutritive levels to power you through your day, try out Vitamin C powder as part of your regular supplement regimen.
Vitamin C Powder Benefits
Some experts think Vitamin C levels in the blood is a key metric to determine the overall health of an individual.
Vitamin C can help stress compromised immune systems. By supplementing Vitamin C, you can safeguard against some the nutrient depleting stressors that can lead to getting sick.
Ascorbic acid can also make your skin look healthier, and your body uses Vitamin C to repair all the tissue in the entire body.
Antioxidants are important in combating the cell damaging effects of free radicals. Free radicals have been linked to ailments linked to cell destruction.
Vitamin C Powder Dosage
Since you continuously lose Vitamin C throughout the day, some people recommend 250 mg to protect yourself from potential deficiency; doses over 400 mg have no evident value bioavailability declines beyond this level. According to the United States' National Academy of Sciences, the tolerable upper intake level is 2000 mg a day.
Try spacing your Vitamin C powder dosages over many hours to counteract the continual loss of Vitamin C.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.