See all reviews
What is Vitamin B-6?
Vitamin B6, is an essential vitamin. Because your body is incapable of naturally producing this vitamin, it must be obtained through dietary means or supplementation. It is predominately beneficial in the metabolic process, supplementing the metabolization of amino acids, fats, and sugars. It is also involved in gene expression, which is how your genetic information is processed.*
Vitamin B6 is actually a collection of molecules that are structurally similar to pyridoxine and is ultimately metabolized in the liver. The common factor to this group of molecules is that they are all precursors to the compound pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (PLP). There are seven molecules in all; however, the three dietary forms are pyridoxine, pyridoxal, and pyridoxamine.
Vitamin B-6 Benefits
As an essential nutrient for supplementing healthy body function, vitamin B6 has a variety of benefits. Another major benefit for women includes a reduction in symptoms related to PMS, including bloating and non-cystic acne .*
Vitamin B6 can also help support your immune system. Without adequate levels of vitamin B6 several components involved in your immune system slow down [3, 5]. This is particularly true for older adults .*
This vitamin can also reduce nausea from hangovers .*
Vitamin B-6 as a Nootropic
B6 even has potential nootropic benefits, as some studies have found that it is able to supplement focus and memory in older adults [2, 3].* It is also able to boost dream vividness and dream recall due to the role that it plays in converting tryptophan into serotonin . Anecdotal evidence shows that some individuals believe it can boost the likelihood of lucid dreaming as well.
Vitamin B6 supplements the production of serotonin and other neurotransmitters involved in elevating mood. By getting adequate levels of vitamin B6, many individuals begin to feel better and notice a lift in their mood.* 
Vitamin B-6 Dosage
Adults should take 50mg of Vitamin B-6 per day.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.