See all reviews
About Tongkat Ali (Longjack)
- Supplements athletic performance and body composition*
- Promotes relaxation and healthy mood*
- Includes .15cc scoop for easy dosing
- Comes in re-sealable bag to maintain freshness
- Tested for purity
Tongkat Ali 2% Capsules are also available.
Our tongkat ali powder is standardized to 2% Eurycomanone, which is the main active ingredient in this supplement. Most companies advertise different extract ratios of longjack powder; however, these ratios mean little without the active compound Eurycomanone. We are the only retailer that performed this testing to guarantee the amount of Eurycomanone present in our powder.
Tongkat Ali Benefits
Athletic Improvement and Body Composition
Studies show tongkat ali supplementation aids lean mass and power output. Using this herb may also improve body composition.* 
This extract also decreases cortisol levels. An increase of cortisol causes early onset of fatigue at the muscular level. Reducing cortisol allows for longer and more intense workouts.* 
Using tongkat ali supplements can benefit healthy mood. This supplement also aids in reducing fatigue.* 
Unlike the whole herb, this extract only requires a small dosage of 250mg (1/8 tsp) once daily.
Synonyms: Eurycoma Longifolia, Longjack, Malaysian Ginseng, longjax, Cay Ba Binh, Pasak Bumi, Langir Siam, Tung Sawa
Do I need to cycle tongkat ali?
Individuals should cycle tongkat ali to avoid tolerance build up. An example cycle would be five days on with two days off.
Can women take tongkat ali?
Yes, women can take tongkat ali. Women often experience some of the same benefits as men including, energy, and mood balance. Women should start at half the recommended dosage to assess tolerance levels.
"I've had a long relationship with Tongkat. I used to buy from a supplier in Canada - best quality I've ever had, but super expensive. So I tried finding my own source, which led to a lot of frustration. 100:1 or 200:1 is meaningless. It just means they start off with, say, 100 times more plant material than they end up with in the final extract product. It doesn't speak to the strength of the source material, the process used, etc. Additionally, it is my understanding that Tongkat has to be kept from air and heat. So I had trouble finding something that came close to the super-bitter stuff I got from my source in Canada. I kept asking myself - "Why can't they standardize this stuff?". Finally, Powder City has come through with the holy grail - a standardized Tongkat. It's pretty bitter, and that's a good indication of potency. A good dose for me is a heaping .5cc (1/2 cc) scoopful. I combine with Horny Goat Weed extract, and Powder City has a good one for that, too. Remember you can't take it constantly - some say 5 days on/2 days off, and some say 2 weeks on/one week off. General recommendation seems to be somewhere between 33% and 40% off cycle time. I don't know what happens if you don't respect the off cycle time, I just have always respected it. – David S.
"Used 10 grams of this so far, what I can say is that this is not like other herbs that are subtle in nature, you can DEFINITELY feel this working. Raise in mood, motivation and a substantial increase in aggression. Not that it makes you on edge, quite the opposite you are in a good mood, but if someone crosses your path... lets say you are quick to respond. Must take days off, but used sparingly, one of the most effective supplements I've used, and definitely one of the strongest.– Daniel B.
Additional ResourcesTongkat Ali Examine Page
Tongkat Ali Wiki
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.