See all reviews
Theobromine Supplement Defined
Theobromine is considered to be an alkaloid, which means that it is a nitrogen-based compound. It belongs to a group of chemicals known as the methylxanthines. As far as the structure of this compound is concerned, it is actually a close chemical relative of caffeine. In addition to its stimulant properties, theobromine supplement also promotes heart health, good cholesterol levels, and more.
Theobromine in Chocolate
Theobromine can be found in a number of different chocolate products like cocoa and other dark chocolates. In fact, the darker the type of chocolate, the higher the concentration of theobromine. This compound is also found in a variety of other plants like tea and guarana .
Theobromine Supplement Benefits
Theobromine supplement is noted to have benefits that are similar to those of caffeine; however, it is not as strong. It is considered to be a stimulant, although it does not affect the central nervous system. Sometimes this supplement is even used to help relax the bronchial muscles in the lungs, by acting on the vagus nerve which runs from the lungs to the brain .
There has also been evidence to suggest that theobromine can positively affect the levels of 'good' cholesterol. According to recent studies, this supplement ingredient actually helps to increase the main protein component of HDL cholesterol. In addition to this, it has also been reported that the main component of LDL 'bad' cholesterol is also decreased .
Theobromine has also been discovered to dilate blood vessels and allow for an increased blood flow. Additionally, theobromine has been known to help with a number of vascular conditions like hardening of the arteries and insufficient blood flow to the heart . Theobromine also reduces insulin sensitivity and blood pressure. This is a current topic of research, but results are both notable and promising thus far .
Theobromine for Athletes
There are also a number of benefits that can be helpful to athletes like body builders and weight lifters. This includes increasing nitric oxide synthesis within the body. This helps to give you a better pump, especially when used as a pre-workout supplement. Theobromine is also a natural diuretic, which can be helpful during a cutting phase as alternative to harsh pharmaceutical chemicals. As with most forms of chocolate, this supplement can also help to increase your mood and overall positive mental outlook .
Theobromine Supplement Dosage
A typical dosage is 500mg (1 level 1cc scoop) of theobromine supplement per day. This can be taken almost anytime during the day, but it is great as a pre-workout supplement.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.