See all reviews
Sulbutiamine Capsules are also available.
Do you prefer tubs? 25g Sulbutiamine Powder Tub
What is Sulbutiamine?
Sulbutiamine is a nootropic that is a synthetic derivative of Thiamine. This synthetic compound was developed in Japan to achieve better absorption for maximum benefits. Sulbutiamine can pass the blood-brain barrier more efficiently than Thiamine supplements. 
Sulbutiamine is mainly used as a nootropic supplement to gain a cognitive edge. Sulbutiamine is also used to improve mood and provide an overall sense of well-being.
Sulbutiamine benefits short and long term memory due to its ability to increase cholinergic activity. Two studies done on rats showed positive improvements in working and episodic memory. [2,3] One of these studies also showed a reversal in amnesic effects induced by glutamate receptor blockage. 
Additional Sulbutiamine Benefits
In one study, Sulbutiamine showed promise in decreasing fatigue in those recovering from illness. These results were mainly achieved by women, and more studies need to be performed to note Sulbutiamine’s true efficacy as an anti-fatigue supplement. 
The recommended dosage of Sulbutiamine is one scant 1/8 tsp scoop (200mg) up to three times daily. Sulbutiamine is fat soluble so it is best to take this nootropic with a meal or a fish oil supplement.
Synonyms: Arcalion, Enerion, Bisibuthiamine, Youvitan
Is this the white or yellow powder?
White. Visual properties are outlined in our COAs as shown in the following example:
"I reserve the right to make this review higher with further testing, but so far I've found this supplement to definitely be energizing and focusing when combined with L-tyrosine. On its own, I've noticed stronger effects on days where I have not had my best sleep, but overall, I see its benefit as a subtle increase in energy and focus: something to be taken occasionally as tolerance seems to be an issue."– Jacob S.
"For me sulbutiamine is a bit different than all the other Supps I use. Its kinda strange in that I still feel tired or somewhat worn-out as my normal self does but the funny thing is : once I actually start working(physical) a couple hours later I think "wow that was a lot easier than I thought it would be". Strangely, for me it kicks in once I actually start working then things generally are easier, my focus and concentration becomes laser like. I stack it with many other Supps. I cant speak highly enough of Powder City. Been dealing with them for a couple years now and never had a problem yet. Some Supps work wonders, others seem to have little affect...I guess thats the way it is with Human Beings, everybody's make up is different. Experiment and find what works for you. "I come form the land down under, where women glow and men thunder"– Matthias T.
"I've taken this quite a few times now to say that I love this substance. It's a real shame it has a tolerence to it because the effects are incredible. It puts you in a really great mood, has a good amount of energy to it And if you're shy, it takes away those inhibitions you get in social situations at the recommended dosage. I tend to take 2 days on, 2 days off. I haven't tried any higher doses. And as usual, nothing but love for powdercity for their shipping times, awesome selection of supplements and their unbeatable prices."– G.
Additional ResourcesSulbutiamine Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.