See all reviews
What is Sucralose?
Many people who struggle with their weight or have to watch their blood sugar often turn to artificial sweeteners. This way they can enjoy sweeter, more flavorful foods while avoiding the negatives effects that come from too much sugar intake. One such artificial sweetener that has become increasingly popular is sucralose. A derivative of sugar, Sucralose is a s no calorie sweetener that is many as 600 times sweeter than sugar, 2 times sweeter than saccharin, and 3 times sweeter than aspartame [1, 3]. The secret to its sweetness is the 2 extra chlorine molecules present that increase surface area of the Sucralose molecule, and thus sweetness.
It is the only artificial sweetener derived from sugar, and it is particularly liked because it actually tastes like sugar without the unpleasant aftertaste many other artificial sweeteners have .
The FDA has declared that Sucralose is safe for use in any way that sugar would be used [1, 2].
Benefits of Sucralose
As far as artificial sweeteners go, Sucralose boasts many benefits including its similar taste to sugar, lack of caloric impact, lack of negative effects on dental health, extraordinary heat stability, long shelf-life, and compatibility with most ingredients used in food . Most of the consumed Sucralose simply passes through the body, completely unabsorbed, making it beneficial for those looking to avoid weight gain without losing taste.
Since pure sucralose is very sweet, only a small amount is needed. 50-100mg should be enough to sweeten an eight ounce drink.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.