See all reviews
Don't like Stevia? Try Sucralose instead!
Pure Stevia Extract Powder
We love sweet things, but we don't love the negative effects that taking in lots of sugar can do to our bodies.
One method of weight reduction is through the replacement of high calorie, high carbohydrate additives like sugar, with natural, low carbohydrate sweeteners.
Many sugar alternatives are poorly tolerated or simply do not taste very good, but Stevia changes all of that. It redefines what a sugar alternative can be. With absolutely no calories and a great taste, Stevia might be your new way to sweeten up the morning coffee.
What is Stevia Extract?
Stevia leaf extract is taken from the plant Stevia rebaudiana which is also commonly known as sweet leaf. While there are many sweet compounds in the plant extract, rebaudioside A and stevioside are the major components.
Stevia is a naturally sweet, zero calorie extract which can act as a sweetener in cooking and in beverages.
While artificial sweeteners like aspartame might actually increase appetite, Stevia may provide additional weight-loss properties. Studies show that Stevia increases insulin sensitivity and also benefit blood glucose and insulin levels in people.
Stevia products also help reduce overall caloric intake by tricking the body into thinking it is getting calories. When people have low-calorie foods sweetened with Stevia, they tend to eat less later.
While Stevia was able to reduce the amount of calories participants ate, it also helped lower blood glucose levels compared to sucrose. This is why Stevia can be such a great ally in the fight against fat.
How Much Stevia Sweetener Should You Use?
Stevia is quite a bit sweeter than sugar. Keeping this in mind, many people prefer a tiny pinch in their coffee while they might usually use a teaspoon of table sugar. Two teaspoons of sugar in a recipe might only require 1/4 teaspoon of Stevia. For this reason, it might be a good idea to try a little Stevia at first and add more to taste.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.