See all reviews
Traditional Chinese plants have provided modern supplementation with no shortage of interesting interventions to research for efficacy. Adaptogens increase the body's ability to cope with stress and are a field of traditional Chinese medicine that have fascinated modern medical researchers for some time.
Schisandra chinensis is an adaptogenic plant which has become popular for its healthy properties, and now an important extract from the Schisandra plant is available and affordable for you to try.
What is Schizandrol?
Schizandrol A, or Shizandrol A, is an extract from Schisandra chinensis which is a woody vine that grows in Northern China and the far East of Russia. 
Schizandrol A is an important lignan found in Schisandra. It has shown many promising health-promoting properties, and it continues to be researched today as an exciting natural compound. 
While traditional Chinese plants have found the potent adaptogenic properties of Schisandra a must-have for generations, we are just now beginning to understand the underlying scientific principles behind it. 
What are the Benefits? How does it work?
Schizandrol A is shown to promote the body's healthy response to stressors.*
The purported highly energized effects of Schizandrol A could come from the cholinergic properties recognized in Schisandra extracts. 
Schizandrol A may also be a powerful cellular health supplement. 
Supplemented brain function and memory is also associated with Schisandra extract, as this may be due to Schizandrol's ability to promote focus and mental energy. 
Because Schizandrol A is an extract and not the bulk plant itself, it is important to remember that much less is required for the same effect. A Schizandrol A dosage as small as 50 mg will have great energy supporting activity. Starting on a lower dose and working up to the optimal one is recommended with any supplement.
- Schizandrol A: a lignan from Schisandra chinensis
- Wilson, L. "Review Of Adaptogenic Mechanisms: Eleuthrococcus Senticosus, Panax Ginseng, Rhodiola Rosea, Schisandra Chinensis And Withania Somnifera." Australian Journal Of Medical Herbalism. 19.3 (2007): 126-138. CINAHL with full text. Web. 3 Sept. 2012.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.