See all reviews
Synonyms: Rosavin, Rosenroot, Rhodiola Rhizome, Golden Root, Arctic Root, Rhidola
Looking for Capsules?
What Is Rhodiola Rosea?
Rhodiola is an herb that appears in Chinese and Scandinavian therapeutic history, it is found at high altitudes in northern Europe and Russia, and can also be found on some North American coastlines. 
This extract has adaptogenic properties and is thought to promote longevity, reduce fatigue and lessen the physical and mental effects of stress. It has also been speculated that the Vikings used Rhodiola Rosea to preserve physical robustness. 
Rhodiola Rosea Extract Containing 3% Salidroside
The root of this herb, which is the part of the plant that is used as a supplement, contains a number of compounds. Among these are tyrosol, rosin, rosarian, rosavin, and salidroside.  Tyrosol promotes cellular health and is thought to be the main active ingredient that gives this root its benefits. Rosin, rosarian, and rosavin — collectively known together as ‘The Rosavins’ — are glycosides found in the Rhodiola Rosea plant and also contribute to its effects, along with salidroside. 
Rhodiola Rosea Benefits
This supplement is an adaptogenic compound, meaning that it can promote healthy energy levels and relaxation.  An increased time to exhaustion was found to be a consistent benefit thought to be caused by reducing the perception of tiredness. Not only can this supplement promote relaxation, but it can also benefit mental performance.* 
This supplement can also lead to an boost in the senses in well-being or contentment.  This adaptogen is highly serotonergic, meaning that it increases serotonin.  Along with a benefit to mood, significant boosts in social and work functions were also noted.* 
Studies show benefits to the capacity for mental work while supplementing with Rhodiola Rosea.  One particular study found that performance on work-related tasks increased by approximately 20%.* 
Tyrosol, salidroside, and ‘The Rosavins’ all confer cellular health benefits to the body, and supplement the health of bone cells, red blood cells, neurons, fibroblasts, and liver cells.  An additional benefit may be protection from excitotoxicity, which is the pathological process by which neurons are damaged and killed by overactivations of receptors such as the NMDA receptor and AMPA receptor.* 
Rhodiola's Exercise Benefits
Muscle recovery is also aided by using this extract, as it reduces lactate production within the muscles, which is what causes muscles to feel sore. 
Rhodiola Rosea Dosage
The suggested dosage is 250mg twice daily.
“This was my first time trying Rhodiola Rosea, and I must say it's some pretty decent stuff. I received it around the same time that I was attempting to ween myself from a particular vice. Coincidentally, the Rhodiola Rosea helped to alleviate a lot of anxiety. It also made me feel more confident and solid during a point in time in my life where I'd usually feel pretty insecure and vulnerable.” - Michael Z
“I'm currently taking Rhodiola along with Schizandrol and Tongkat Ali, and it's a fantastic combination. I took this for a few reasons. First, I am in my 30's now and was looking for a way to have more energy to work out like I did when I was a bit younger. This combo was the answer. I am also taking it for greater immunity to colds, etc, as well. As it stands right now, I'm very happy with the results.” - Matthew L.
I bought my first Rhodiola from a supplement store and I though it was so so, didn't rate much really until I tried PC's version. What a difference in potency. This stuff works and given me a new found respect for nootropics and their effects. I loove Rhodiola and have gotten my sister to try it out too. Get it you won't be disappointed. - Albert A.
This stuff is a great every day supplement. It's outstanding at reducing mental fatigue, allowing for longer periods of high intensity brain activity, yes; but the effect on stress levels is what really keeps me coming back for more. It just seems to take a weight off my shoulders - I never find myself getting overwhelmed, no matter how much I have on my plate, everything just feels more manageable. Finals week at school or crunch time at work just don't feel like as big of a deal. Pairs well with classical stimulants, which provide energy to go with the endurance rhodiola provides. I take 250mg every day, increasing to 500 during periods of higher stress. Subtle in the sense that I never really "feel it," but it's the stress that I don't feel that's truly invaluable. - Aleksandr K
Additional ResourcesRhodiola Rosea Examine Page
Rhodiola Rosea Wiki
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.