See all reviews
This product has been discontinued, and the remaining stock will be liquidated. Take 30% off all liquidation products under Powder City's Partial Liquidation Sale. 30% off discount has already been applied to the price shown.
What is Pterostilbene?
Pterostilbene is an aromatic hydrocarbon called a stilbenoid that is closely related to resveratrol. Resveratrol is a similar natural compound that occurs in grapesÂ and boasts most of the same health benefits as resveratrol.
When taken together, pterostilbene and resveratrol offer a number of health benefits, as pterostilbene enhances the effects produced by resveratrol.
Many of the benefits of pterostilbene relate to its abilities to benefit body composition and promote healthy aging*. 
Similarities to Resveratrol
Like resveratrol, pterostilbene is a polyphenol found in various foods including almonds, berries, and grape leaves and vines.
Though pterostilbene and resveratrol have similar structures, pterostilbene is more bioavailable than resveratrol. In fact, studies show that pterostilbene is four times more bioavailable than resveratrol.
The standard daily dosage of pterostilbene is 50 mg. Some individuals split this into two even doses per day. Pterostilbene synergizes well with grape seed extract.
Frequently Asked Questions
What goes well with this supplement?
What is the difference between pterostilbene and resveratrol?
From a structural standpoint, pterostilbene has two methoxy groups while resveratrol has two hydroxy groups. However, the main difference concerning supplementation is pterostilbene is far more bioavailable.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.