See all reviews
Phosphatidylserine for Brain Health
To get your brain up to its top level of performance can take a little effort. While the food you eat can definitely provide some much needed nutrients, sometimes supplementation is still required.
Adding in just a few key nutrients can go a long way in providing support for your brain, keeping you feeling sharp and focused.
What is Phosphatidylserine Powder?
Phosphatidylserine is a negatively charged aminophospholipid. It plays a very important role in the body, making up 2 to 10 percent of your cell's lipids, and it occurs in every cell in your entire body. While it used to be sourced from cows, Phosphatidylserine is now derived from vegetarian friendly soy.
So why take Phosphatidylserine supplements? Beyond the normal functioning of every cell in your body, some evidence is suggesting that adding in Phosphatidylserine supplements will help kick your brain into high gear.
Your memory may not be as strong as you wish. You think to yourself that its simply a normal process of aging, but what if you could help keep memory strong and cognition sharp? Phosphatidylserine has shown in a growing body of studies to help do just that.*
Phosphatidylserine plays a key role in supplementing the build up of neuronal membranes. The implications of this are important: It works to promote cell-to-cell communication and regulates cell growth.*
One study showed that Phosphatidylserine helped support a multitude of neurotransmitter systems including acetylcholine, serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine. It did all of that while also supporting a strong memory. Phosphatidylserine with DHA has shown to improve episodic memory by 42%.*
Evidence suggests that Phosphatidylserine has a positive impact on attention and learning, not to mention general cognitive performance.*
Protein kinase C pathways require Phosphatidylserine to function, and Phosphatidylserine supplements the collection of certain proteins in the cell.*
With all of the varied Phosphatidylserine benefits, it is a great supplement to take on its own or as part of a complete brain health stack.
Phosphatidylserine Powder Dosage
Taking 100 to 500 mg of Phosphatidylserine supplement a day should be a great start to supplementing cognition and transporting memory supporting nutrients to the brain.
Now derived from soy, as opposed to bovine Phosphatidylserine, some research indicates that Phosphatidylserine supplement works best when paired with the Omega-3 fatty acid DHA.
“I take phosphatidylserine (serine) as part of a stack first thing in the morning. I can't believe how much of a difference it has made. I've seen HUGE improvements in my cognitive functioning, short-term memory and mood. On days without the serine I notice that my stack's benefits aren't as pronounced and I am not as clear headed. Additionally, when I don't have the serine, I have a cognitive decline in the evening when the rest of the stack 'wears off,' the serine seems to keep things rolling on into the night.”- Michala H.
"“One of my favorite nootropics at a great price. The free form powder makes it easier to mix with coq10 powder, which is good because lecithin has been proven to improve coq10 absorption. Phosphatidylserine is probably the best phospholipid contained in lecithin. Improved fatty nutrient absorption (triglycerides, vitamins, coq10) as well as nootropic effects in its own right. Phosphatidylserine is a keeper, and this is cheap and good.”- Sean
“A good product that helps with muscular soreness, anaerobic running, and reducing cortisol. The only small negative is the product gets a little clumpy making it hard to measure. This is the first time I've tried a powder form - so it is possible that all powders do the same thing.”- Glen C
Additional ResourcesPhosphatidylserine Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.