See all reviews
This product has been discontinued, and the remaining stock will be liquidated. Take 30% off all liquidation products under Powder City's Partial Liquidation Sale. 30% off discount has already been applied to the price shown.
Phosphatidic acid (PA) is formed from phospholipids present in many foods. This supplement is popular with bodybuilders due to its ability to promote lean mass and exercise recovery.* Mediator® PA is generally recognized as a safe dietary supplement by the FDA. [1,2]
Mediator® Phosphatidic Acid Benefits
Phosphatidic acid is responsible for muscle recovery following intense exercise.* This is due to its ability to activate mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR). [3,4] The mTOR pathway is responsible for the regulation of cell growth, cell motility, cell survival, and protein synthesis. Intense weightlifting, though crucial for lean mass, can cause muscle cell breakdown especially if overtraining.* Phosphatidic acid, when added to these types of exercises, prevents this cellular breakdown while increasing lean mass potential.*
By binding to P70S6K – another important component responsible for cell growth and protection –Phosphatidic acid stimulates anabolism for longer periods of time.  Without supplementation, the body only remains in an anabolic state for a short period of time following exercise.* The longer the body remains in the anabolic window, the longer the body produces muscle cells while utilizing fat cells for energy. 
Phosphatidic Acid: Proven Results
One study looked at 28 trained males with similar height and weight who participated in an 8-week resistance training program.  Half of these men were given Mediator® PA the other half were given a placebo. This 8-week program consisted of both hypertrophic and strength workouts. The results of this study showed the group given PA experienced positive results in body composition and lean mass. 
Another study consisting of 16 trained men competing in one repetition maximum squats showed a massive increase in strength gains.  Subjects that used a PA supplement gained 12.7% squat strength and a 2.6% increase in lean body mass compared to the control group’s 9.3% strength increase and 0.1% increase in lean body mass. 
Phosphatidic Acid Dosage
An oral daily dose of Mediator® PA is 1,500mg, which contains 750mg PA active.
Mediator® PA is a registered trademark of Chemi Nutra
Mediator® PA patents applied for with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office by Chemi Nutra
- http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dockets/05p0305/05p-0305-cr00001-04-Council-For-Responsible-Nutrition-vol1.pdf (Listed on Page 24)
- Joy, J., et al. The Effects of 8 Weeks of Phosphatidic Acid Supplementation on Cardiovascular, Kidney, and Liver Safety in Healthy Young Males
- Joy, J., et al. Phosphatidic acid enhances mTOR signaling and resistance exercise induced hypertrophy
- Joy, J., et al. Phosphatidic Acid Supplementation Increases Skeletal Muscle Hypertrophy and Strength
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.