See all reviews
NALT is also available in capsules.
What is N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine?
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (NALT) is an acetylated form of L-Tyrosine. It breaks down to L-Tyrosine in the kidneys and is more soluble than Tyrosine supplements.  It is an amino acid that produces noradrenaline and dopamine.
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine Benefits
NALT as a Nootropic
This amino acid can also enhance cognition during periods of sleep deprivation.  This is particularly useful for college students or busy professionals. Tyrosine can help them stay on their game if they pull an all-nighter studying for exams or working on an important presentation.
Long-term cognitive exertion also has negative ramifications on cognitive performance. This includes physical exercise and studying. this supplement is able to alleviate this cognitive fatigue. 
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine Dosage
The recommended dosage is 350mg once per day. This is approximately one level 1/8 tsp scoop.
L-Tyrosine Supplements VS N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
L-Tyrosine and NALT primarily have the same benefits; however, this supplement is easier to absorb than L-Tyrosine. This is because of the bond to an acetyl group which improves the solubility.
“It is definitely strong. No reason to take more than 350mg once per day. Perhaps another 250-300mg prior to exercise for a second dose in one day. I only take it on an empty stomach like normal tyrosine,inthe morning, before consuming coffee. Caffeine will certainly accentuate the noradrenic and dopaminergic effects, be careful not to get overstimulating or overstack! No need whatsoever to combine with any other stimulants IMHO, no mod or oxiracetam necessary, in my exp. it will just lead to severage excitory burnout and headaches. I like it more than regular L Tyrosine for sure. Slow shipping to TX, wish I still lived in MA! Good product, good package. STRAIGHT FORWARD NOOTS BRAHHH”– Erich S
“Great for boosting my mood and for providing an overall, general good feeling. Nothing high and spectacular, but it does have a consistent and welcomed effect. I take it every day, about 350 mg per day, sometimes 2 times per day. I can feel the difference when I don't take it. I have taken the standard L-Tyrosine, but this N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine version seems to work a little faster and better than the standard form. It's rather soluble, so it can be mixed with just about anything.”– Michael I
“I have some guys I work with who were curious what all these weird bags I take to work were, and one of them was NALT ordered through, of course, Powder City. My friend has been weight lifting for some time now and ever since he tried NALT he always asks for more. I took this while Laying Concrete, while Landscaping, and some minor Construction and I felt great after work! I love it! MIX WITH ANYTHING THAT BRINGS YOU UP AND YOU WON'T GO DOWN AS HARD :)”– Justin C
“Fast shipping and a great value! I add this to my own pre workout and it helps negate the negative side effects from the stimulants in the mix, as well as enhance mood. I mix it with a flavored water enhancer and haven't noticed any strong taste. Also mixes pretty easy. My pre workout: 2g Beta Alanine 1g Taurine 6g Creatine Mono 350mg NALT 200mg L-Theanine 10mg Noopept 120mg Caffeine” – Mandyk
“This stuff chills me out, and I haven't had a restless night since I started taking it before bed. It has a definite sedative effect so I don't take it in the morning. Overall I get a better night’s sleep, and am in a better mood the next day. One of the best things about this amino, for me, is that it tastes good. A little bitter at first but after you wash it down with water it’s tangy and pleasant. I wouldn't call it delicious, but it’s a nice change of pace from most of the nootropics I've tried.”- Ian M.
“I wasn't planning to buy this because of the complex description. After a discussion with the owner about what I was looking for he recommended NALT. Good choice! It has a mind calming effect with a mild mood uplift. Best of all there is a smoothness to it, no disruptive side effects. A couple of the substances I take are stimulants and they can be rough. NALT is a good way to smooth out the kinks. 200mg a day seems to be enough for me but no problem taking more if needed.”- Robert A.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.