See all reviews
This product has been discontinued, and the remaining stock will be liquidated. Take 30% off all liquidation products under Powder City's Partial Liquidation Sale. 30% off discount has already been applied to the price shown.
What is Methylsulfonylmethane?
MSM, or Methylsulfonylmethane, is the oxidized form of dimethyl sulfide found in plants and animals or synthesized in a lab. After entering the atmosphere via plankton in the ocean, the predecessor to Methylsulfonylmethane interacts with sunlight in the ozone and then returns to land as MSM in the form of rainfall where it is absorbed by plants.
MSM Powder Benefits
MSM serves many purposes within the body especially for promoting cellular health. This supplement is a typical ingredient in most joint health formulas..
MSM Powder and Exercise Recovery
Fast recovery is something athletes strive for in order to be able to continue strenuous workout routines. Intense exercise can cause muscle damage. This stress on the muscles causes soreness and muscle fatigue. Methylsulfonylmethane acts as an cellular health supplement, as it benefits tired muscles.* [1,2]
Methylsulfonylmethane for Joint Health
Sulfur is critical for supplementing the protection and maintenance of cartilage. MSM is a sulfuric compound which is another reason why this supplement is crucial for joint health. The sulfur containing amino acids Taurine and NAC added to MSM increases the amount of sulfur delivered to the cartilage.* 
Additional Benefits of MSM Powder
MSM increases the cellular health enzymes Catalase, SOD, and Glutathione Peroxidase. Cellular health enzymes supplement the immune, respiratory, and cardiovascular systems.* [4,5]
MSM powder supplementation may also be effective in benefits the digestive system. MSM aids in the protection of the intestines from acid build up.* 
MSM Powder Dosage
The recommended dosage of MSM powder is two rounded 1/8 tsp scoops (1200mg) once daily.
Synonyms: dimethyl sulfone, dimethylsulfone
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.