See all reviews
What is Monk Fruit?
Monk fruit (Luo Han Guo) is the fruit of the Siraitia grosvenorii plant found in China and Thailand. The fruit extract is a popular alternative to sugar as it is about 200 times as sweet without the calories. The extract was developed to compete with other herbal sweeteners such as stevia.
Monk Fruit Benefits
In addition to being a sweetener, Monk fruit has numerous other uses including as an cellular health supplement and general health aid.*
Monk Fruit Extract and Body Composition
While Monk fruit does not promote weight loss like other traditional fat burners, it can help you reach your weight goals. Replacing sugar with Luo Han Guo will reduce your overall caloric intake which can help with body composition.
Monk Fruit as a Cellular Health Supplement
The cellular health benefits from Monk Fruit are due to the Mogroside V content.* [1,2] We supply one of the purest extracts on the market standardized for 50% Mogroside V to ensure you get the most out of Monk fruit’s benefits.
Additional Monk Fruit Benefits
In addition to its many other benefits, Monk fruit also has anti-fatigue properties. One animal study found that Monk fruit produced significant physical anti-fatigue effects.  The test showed that the time to exhaustion greatly increased in the mice given Monk fruit.  This means they were able to do more physical work for longer, increasing their tolerance for exercise.*
Monk Fruit vs. Stevia
North Americans consume approximately 160 pounds of sugar per year. This is problematic as excess sugar intake is linked to a number of health problems affecting your heart, your body composition, your metabolism, and more.  As more individuals try to be health-conscious, sugar alternatives have made their way to the market such as stevia.*
Stevia has had a lot of commercial exposure, but it is by no means the only no-calorie sweetener available. It has a somewhat bitter aftertaste that many find unpalatable. Monk fruit serves the same purpose as stevia without the unpleasant flavor.
Monk Fruit Extract Dosage
Monk fruit extract does not have standard dosage guidelines like other supplements. This is because its primary use is as a sweetener. 20mg of Monk fruit is the rough equivalent of one teaspoon of sugar. Individual preference for sweetness will determine how much Monk fruit extract you will need.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.