See all reviews
Some plants have been known to impart health throughout the centuries. While not all traditional methods of maintaining health are valid, some have proven time and again to be useful supplements.
One such plant, Milk Thistle, is still being used for its many health benefits today. As more research uncovers its benefits, milk thistle supplement is becoming a powerhouse for promoting longevity and general health.*
What is Milk Thistle?
Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum) is a hearty plant that has been used for more than 2000 years.  The two most popular commercial extracts of Milk Thistle, silymarin and silibinin, are present within the seeds of the Milk Thistle plant. 
Our milk thistle supplement is a 4:1 seed extract. An extract is better than a ground up Milk Thistle plant because the extract contains higher amounts of flavonolignans and flavonoids. These include silybin A, silybin B, isosilybin A, isosilybin B, silydianin, silychristin, isosilychristin, and taxifolin, which are the active ingredients in the plant. For example, if we sold ground up plant powder, it could have zero silybins as each plant has varying levels of the active ingredient. This is one reason many people prefer to take the full spectrum Milk Thistle plant as opposed to a single extract.
Milk Thistle Uses
Milk Thistle supplements the health of many different vital systems in the human body.* 
Milk Thistle supplement has been used to support many different common health issues and is now being used as a natural way to help supplement a healthy liver. [1,2] Milk Thistle's ability to promote properties of a healthy liver have been recognized for centuries.* 
Among the many Milk Thistle uses, it is also known to be an cellular health supplement.* 
Milk Thistle's cellular health effects are widespread and work through many mechanisms.  The many different active flavolignan and flavanoid compounds in Milk Thistle have demonstrated cellular health benefits through multiple pathways.* 
What makes Milk Thistle's effects even more exciting is its low cost to the consumer, leading fitness gurus to promote it as an inexpensive way to stay healthy. 
Milk Thistle Dosage
Most users take between 100 and 600 mg of Milk Thistle. 
Additional ResourcesMilk Thistle Examine Page
Milk Thistle Wiki
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.