See all reviews
This product has been discontinued, and the remaining stock will be liquidated. Take 30% off all liquidation products under Powder City's Partial Liquidation Sale. 30% off discount has already been applied to the price shown.
What Is Melatonin?
Melatonin is a neurotransmitter well known for its sleep regulating abilities. The body can produce melatonin on its own, especially when darkness increases its production and initiates the sleep cycle.  Though melatonin is found naturally in a wide variety of foods such as tomatoes, walnuts, beer, and olive oil, effective amounts of this compound can be most easily attained through supplementation. 
Melatonin Pills and Sleep Quality
Numerous studies show that supplementing with melatonin can benefit sleep quality and aid in reducing sleep latency — the time it takes to fall asleep — regardless of age. [3,4,5] The mechanism for this may be related to a decrease in overall body temperature.  In addition to promoting healthy sleep patterns, taking a melatonin supplement can also help reduce jet lag associated with traveling through multiple time zones, if taken close to the target bedtime at the destination.* 
Cellular Health Properties of Melatonin
While melatonin is most well-known for promoting sleep quality, it has other benefits too. One study found that melatonin supplementation can benefit cellular health profiles.* 
Miscellaneous Benefits of Melatonin Pills
Melatonin supplementation can provide a whole range of benefits in addition to its sleep-promoting abilities. Longevity promotion is another possible benefit of melatonin supplementation, as melatonin declines with age and melatonin and the pineal gland are high associated with longevity.  Melatonin can also enhance the bioavailability of tryptophan, another supplement that can help promote sleep and is a producer of melatonin.* 
Is Melatonin Addictive?
Melatonin is a natural hormone and is non-addictive. Taking melatonin supplementation does not create negative feedback, which is when the body produces less of a hormone associated with supplementation. While it is non-addictive, taking too much melatonin or taking it at the wrong times (such as during daylight) can interfere with one’s sleep cycle.
The recommended dosage is one 0.5mg capsule daily.
Additional ResourcesMelatonine Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.