See all reviews
Why you should take Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate over other forms of Magnesium
Magnesium bisglycinate chelate, or magnesium glycinate, is a “chelated” form of the essential mineral magnesium, meaning the amino acid glycine has been added to it.
Why is this important?
This binding makes the magnesium more absorbable, or more bioavailable, than other forms of magnesium, such as magnesium citrate or magnesium lactate.
It is also one of the only magnesium forms (also l-threonate) which cross the blood-brain barrier. For these reasons, it is regarded as one of the best forms of magnesium to take. Magnesium bisglycinate is supplemental for healthy bones, muscles, nerve transmission, circulation, temperature regulation and digestion.
Magnesium is considered to be one of the most valuable minerals in the human body. It is a source of energy, supplements memory and learning, helps to reduce muscle soreness and fatigue, helps maintain normal bones and teeth, and promotes electrolyte balance. [1,2,3]
Why is magnesium so vital?
Magnesium is found in over 300 different enzymes in the human body and is considered a vital component in bodily systems with over 3,700 magnesium building sites on human proteins detected.
There are consequences to being magnesium deficient:
While magnesium is the second most abundant mineral in human cells, it is also the second most common deficiency, after Vitamin D. The deficiency results from overconsumption of highly processed foods and the depletion of magnesium from soils and water. Because of the necessity of magnesium, those who suffer from magnesium deficiencies most certainly feel the effects more than someone already receiving adequate magnesium through their diet.
Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate Benefits
Magnesium bisglycinate is touted for its ability to benefit healthy mood, sleep, cardiovascular health, and reduce muscular soreness. Aside from the dietary requirements of magnesium, there are added benefits to its supplementation:
Magnesium Bisglycinate Dosage
Note: Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate is extremely bitter. Consider masking the taste with flavoring or by encapsulating the powder.
The standard dosage for magnesium in any form ranges from 200 mg to 400 mg. The recommended daily dosage for women is 300 mg and for men is 400 mg.
However, these amounts are likely the minimum requirement to prevent symptoms of deficiency, and not necessarily the ideal amount. Researchers believe that 600 mg daily is a better starting dose.
Difference between Glycinate and Bisglycinate Chelate
There are many different variations of Magnesium on the market. You may have seen Magnesium Glycinate and Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate sold as two different products. In truth, they are two different names for the same type of magnesium.
Magnesium Biglycinate “Chelate” is the full name of the product; “chelate,” indicating that an amino acid has been bound to the mineral that is magnesium. This is the case for both Magnesium Glycinate and Bisglycinate Chelate.
Why is the Serving 2 Grams?
This powder is 10% magnesium by weight, so to take 200mg of magnesium, you will need two grams of Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate powder.
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.