See all reviews
Magnesium Aspartate to Combat Magnesium Deficiency
The body is composed of countless vitamins and minerals that are essential to its proper function. Unfortunately, due to inadequate diet, illness, and several other factors, many people find themselves struggling with the effects of vitamin deficiencies. One of the most important vitamins for your body's proper function is Magnesium, and its deficiency is also one of the most common in the world.
What is Magnesium Aspartate?
Magnesium Aspartate is a supplement that some use to address deficiencies of Magnesium in the blood, although many have also used this supplement to manage irregular bowel movements and indigestion . Low levels of Magnesium in the blood have been associated with many symptoms including headaches, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, weakness, reduced glucose tolerance, and, in extreme cases, numbness, tingling, seizures, personality changes, abnormal heart rhythms, and muscle cramping .
There are many situations that might lead to a magnesium deficiency, including use of diuretics, poor diet, excessive alcohol consumption, severe diarrhea or vomiting, stomach or intestinal absorption complications, and poorly managed glucose related disorders . A Magnesium deficiency is typically common in Western diets because of a lack of consumption of foods such as nuts and vegetables, which are an excellent source of this important vitamin .
There is also evidence that when paired with Calcium, Magnesium Aspartate may help improve heart health .
Magnesium Aspartate Benefits
The vitamin Magnesium is crucial for the proper functioning of the body's cells, nerves, muscles, bones, and heart. It has also been suggested that it may play a role in reducing cholesterol, metabolizing carbohydrates, and synthesizing proteins . Appropriate levels of Magnesium also provide some protection against certain cognitive disorders .
When supplemented, Magnesium has demonstrated sedative qualities on a cellular level by aiding in the reduction of blood pressure levels and increasing sensitivity to insulin . One study evidenced improved muscle quality in pigs that were given Magnesium Aspartate supplements .
Magnesium Aspartate Dosage
When supplementing Magnesium Aspartate, the body readily absorbs what it needs and the rest is flushed from the system. The recommended dosage for Magnesium Aspartate is 500mg, although this may vary depending on the consumer's health and physiological needs . The supplement is best taken with a meal and at a regular time each day to experience the most benefits .
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.