See all reviews
Many people use inositol hexaphosphate for its abilities to supplement cellular health, immunity, and metabolic properties. [1,2,3,4,5]
What is Inositol Hexaphosphate?
Inositol Hexaphosphate, also commonly referred to as IP6 or phytic acid, is a dietary phytochemical found in cereals, soy, legumes, and most fiber rich foods.  Supplemental inositol hexaphosphate is advantageous because the user can control the timing and amount being consumed. Bioavailability of inositol hexaphosphate is higher when consumed in solution (mixed with water) compared to food.
Inositol hexaphosphate promotes cellular health.* [1,2,8] Some food manufacturers utilize inositol hexaphosphate to prevent food from oxidizing (turning brown).
Many people take inositol hexaphosphate to supplement neurotransmitter efficacy and to reap its benefits as a cognitive supplement.* [1,7] A plethora of receptors and enzymes indicates that the functions of inositol hexaphosphate in the central nervous system are highly relevant.
The cellular health properties of inositol hexaphosphate are only part of the reason it is considered a cognitive supplement.* Inositol hexaphosphate supplementation can promote neurotransmitter release and effectiveness.*
Inositol hexaphosphate can promote immune health and digestive health.* Phytic acid supplements immune health directly and indirectly.* Inositol hexaphosphate can also promote the prevalence of healthy bacteria in the intestine, known as intestinal flora.* The digestive system comprises the majority of the immune system. 
IP6 Inositol Dosage
Inositol dosages range widely. Most people use as little as 500 mg of inositol supplement once or twice a day, and then others take as much as several grams a day.
Common Misspellings: Inisitol
Synonyms: IP6 Supplement
- Fisher, Stephen K., James E. Novak, and Bernard W. Agranoff. "Inositol and Higher Inositol Phosphates in Neural Tissues: Homeostasis, Metabolism and Functional Significance."Journal of Neurochemistry 82.4 (2002): 736-54. Web.
Additional ResourcesInositol Examine Page
Why was my review rejected or removed?
If your review does not conform to these guidelines, it may be rejected or removed. All reviews are held in moderation for eight (8) days prior to publishing to ensure these guidelines are met.
We are unable to accept the following reviews:
Reviews that do not pertain to the product
- Shipping and Packaging – Comments about your shipping experience or the product packaging is not a product review and should be addressed at http://help.powdercity.com/.
- Product Availability – Commentary about product availability is not a product review. If you have questions or concerns about product availability, contact us at http://help.powdercity.com/product/restock.html.
Reviews regarding misuse of products
- Dosage recommendations – If you are reporting issues related to taking a product and dosage recommendations were not followed, this does not qualify as a valid review of the product. Please go to http://help.powdercity.com and report it to Powder City support so that they can address the issue directly.
Reviews that contain inappropriate or offensive content
- Inappropriate Content – Reviews may not contain obscenities, profanity, phone numbers, mailing addresses, non-Powder City URLs, foreign language content (unless there is a clear connection to the product), or other people’s material (including excessive quoting).
- Hate Speech and Offensive Content – We don't allow reviews that express intolerance for people based on their race, gender, religion, sexual preference, or nationality. Customers are allowed to comment or post questions about products as long as it is in a non-threatening manner.
- Promotion of Illegal Conduct – Reviews may not encourage or support behavior that is illegal, including violence, illegal drug use (including combining products with legal prescriptions), underage drinking, and child or animal abuse.
- Medical Conditions – Reviews may not indicate supplements can diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Prescription Drugs – Reviews cannot discuss prescription drug use.
*Statements found within have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult with your physician before taking if you are pregnant, nursing, have any cardiovascular or other medical issues, or anticipate surgery. Keep out of the reach of children.
Scientific studies cited are not conclusive and have limitations, due to of their closed environment nature. Referenced studies will not necessarily determine your experience with a supplement or nootropic, since there are many unaccounted variables, which fall outside the scope of the studies.
The reviews contained within are the opinions of contributors and are not necessarily the views or opinions of Powder City. These reviews should not be taken as fact or recommendation, and are only opinions of products that the contributors may have or may have not used. Powder City makes no warranty, implied or expressed, to the accuracy of information provided by these reviews.